Panel Filters...

I dont think it will make any more noise if fitted right.

Could be wrong tho just a mildly educated guess

kingalA3 said:
Hi has anyone got any pictures of their airbox with a cold air feed as am thinking about adding a 80mm feed? Will this improve the noise?!
Cheers

Airbox:

image.jpg

Hose:

image.jpg

Hose:

image.jpg

End of hose (was finished by adding a 4" subwoofer port, not shown in the pic):

image.jpg

Completed:

image.jpg

This was a 100mm duct...and was only possible to run this size of hole on an S3 if you aren't running the standard passenger SMIC...otherwise there is no room to get a duct through.

Nice one Glen, looks good and stealthy. It's kinda hard to see from the pics, but with the bumper back on was the end of the ducting sitting just behind the foglight?

Yeah...it picked it's air up from the passenger side IC inlet, behind the foglight.

If you test with a manometer, you'll find it's got slight positive pressurisation just in there...and actually picking up from the top of the inlet (hose hanging down like shown) is right in the 'high pressure' zone.
*yes, I am that sad...*

Also, not having the inlet pointing directly forward reduces the chances of hydrolock should you hit deep water at speed.

hydrolock... now theres a word not often uttered in everyday conversation!

Ess_Three said:
Yeah...it picked it's air up from the passenger side IC inlet, behind the foglight.

If you test with a manometer, you'll find it's got slight positive pressurisation just in there...and actually picking up from the top of the inlet (hose hanging down like shown) is right in the 'high pressure' zone.
*yes, I am that sad...*

Also, not having the inlet pointing directly forward reduces the chances of hydrolock should you hit deep water at speed.

F F Sake Ess, I'm defo nominating you for an A-S.net award :o.k:

Ess_Three said:

*yes, I am that sad...*

And I would happily believe you if you said that you had de-magnetised your crank and cams for better rotational balance. It's all in the details...

ChriS3 said:
And I would happily believe you if you said that you had de-magnetised your crank and cams for better rotational balance. It's all in the details...

Damn! I didn't realise you knew about that... :scared2:

I reckon it adds about 20 BHP /25 lb-ft....a damn good gain anyway.
Massive difference.
Massive.
Can't believe how much faster in made my S3...it would do 97 in 2nd and 183 in 3rd after that...
Run a 8.3 second 1/4 mile and rev to about 11,000RPM.

Leaves 911 turbos for dead.

Have you tried it yet? :haha:

Best you make sure you've got your drinking head on for tomorrow boyo!!

I have recently bought a Green Dynatwist kit for my A3 TDi 110BHP from here
http://www.priracing.com/section.php?xSec=81
part no DW 021, not fitted it yet as my insurance is coming up for renewal and I will get this declared when I move to Adrian Flux as currently listed as standard car with current broker.

Anyone tried this kit? What should I expect in terms of throttle response and any slight increase in power? My current air box has the pipe where it is brocken where it runs past the battery on the join.