P0016 code

ScottS

Reaction score
hi, I seem to be getting this code coming up,
Everything seems fine with the car, drives and starts as it always has, and this code only seems to flash the coil light after about 4000rpm and goes off once changed gear and then flashes again after the 4000rpm mark
I had the timing belt and pulleys done around 15-20k ago so not sure if the belt has stretched slightly or what putting the timing out of sync but would of thought it would happen throughout the rev range?
Other than that it could be a faulty sensor which is bad enough as the belt etc has to come off again

Or I could just drive under 4000rpm... nah

Yeah I know what it is but my car is showing no symptoms that the code describes so can't understand what's going on especially as it only flashes after 4000rpm

Have you got or know anyone with Vcds so that you can check the timing and also See if it's brining up specific error in specific module

It's been plugged in but only comes up with this code and what it means but I've not managed to check the timing as yet, although I would of thought if the timing was out I'd have poor performance or the light but be on all the time, might be wrong with that though

IMG 1285

IMG 1286

It's been plugged in but only comes up with this code and what it means but I've not managed to check the timing as yet, although I would of thought if the timing was out I'd have poor performance or the light but be on all the time, might be wrong with that though

I had a Ford focus diesel the other day that was a tooth out. It drove perfect upto 3000rpm then it would have misfire symptoms. No lights and no codes same in every gear. It's worth checking the timing.