Test drive my first s3

Kevw86

Reaction score
Was gutted it felt flat as ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're not great as standard you need to get them remapped

and there could quite easily be something wrong with it

Reactions: snowy and Tj 0785
It's an old car, there could easily be a lot of things wrong with it. Also depending on what you have driven before your expectations may have been a little high.

driver error - once it has a forge splitter DV fitted it'll rock :)

Reactions: scotty_24
Plenty of everyday cars now are 200+ And quicker than the s3 what was quick 15 years ago is average nowadays

Yeah it's is but when more and more cars are doing it it doesn't feel quick. I wish mine would do 0-60

Reactions: Erikn89nl
if it doesn't feel quick just make it lower and harder suspension. my mini 1100 special felt like a sports car - but only went about 70mph

Mine feels faster if I drive with the windows down/volume up!

you need the windows down to let the smoke out.

you need the volume up to drown out the rattling

If you want fast for that money, get a motorcycle. Ever since I got one all cars feel (and are) slow :-D

Sent from planet Procrastination

Reactions: Stuart B
If you want fast for that money, get a motorcycle. Ever since I got one all cars feel (and are) slow :-D

just be careful of cars.
Image048

Ow... That looks painful.
With the risk of thread-hijacking, what happened?

Atleast we can stay warm in the s3. ;)

Ow... That looks painful.
With the risk of thread-hijacking, what happened?

it's long... the short version is a Chrysler Voyager pulling out of a junction into me causing a spiral fracture of the distal third and a lateral shatter of the tibia plateau, then fracture blisters, then infected ORIF with hospital superbug anti-biotic resistant pseudomonas then 4 months of chopping, then a bucket handle skin flap, then an allergic reaction to anti-biotics causing renal failure, then 2 weeks in intensive care with sepsis, then 8 months at home before the infection becoming active again and the metalwork removed as the bone had finally started to grow back together and a further 6 weeks of IV antibiotics. #winner

that photo is a vac pump sucking at sponges in-between debridement operations whilst trying to get rid of the infection.

it's long... the short version is a Chrysler Voyager pulling out of a junction into me causing a spiral fracture of the distal third and a lateral shatter of the tibia plateau, then fracture blisters, then infected ORIF with hospital superbug anti-biotic resistant pseudomonas then 4 months of chopping, then a bucket handle skin flap, then an allergic reaction to anti-biotics causing renal failure, then 2 weeks in intensive care with sepsis, then 8 months at home before the infection becoming active again and the metalwork removed as the bone had finally started to grow back together and a further 6 weeks of IV antibiotics. #winner

that photo is a vac pump sucking at sponges in-between debridement operations whilst trying to get rid of the infection.

Jesus Christ
You don't still ride them do you?
I broke my collarbone on a wr400 about 11 years ago not been near one since

Last edited:

My God that sounds awful. Was planning getting a sports bike for the summer but not quite sure now!

I would love another bike - I was on an old 1990 GSX1100F doing about 30 mph when I was hit - sadly my nephew was killed on his 125 aged 17 when hit by a car, you are vunerable, and no amount of leather clothing, boots, gloves and helmet stops 2 tons of MPV.
I rode my bandit 600 nearly every day for over a year even in the ice and snow. They are surprisingly expensive £250 on tyres every 3000 miles, expensive oil every few thousand miles, new chains etc.

Damn... Sounds like you really had a lot of bad luck healing from that one.

Biking is indeed dangerous, no argument there. But on the other hand it's really a lot of fun. So I ride in nice weather.