My clock has a mind of its own

Kevint

Reaction score
Website
www.lickmyear.org
Has any one else encountered/fixed this?

In my older A3 which the missus now has (2000 face lift) the clock appears to display any time it chooses.

It started when I can back from holiday, the car had been left standing for 2 weeks, got back it to find the trip had set back to zero and the time was wrong, so I reset the time.

Now when I turn the ignition on it displays whatever time it see's fit, generally 2-3 hours either side of the actual time??

The car is now out of warranty by mileage and time and therefore can't be bothered to take it to the dealers to have this looked at. I fear it's one of those small annoying things that could be expensive to fix.

Any idea's?

Kev.

Have you checked all your fuses?

I sounds like the trip and clock are loosing power when the ignition is switched off.

If the car is not far out of warranty , try to get a good will repair as the cost of a set of exchange clocks is around £300 - £400!
I had the ones in my 1998 1.8TS replaced, but fortunately had a warranty which covered the repair. Took 3 goes to get a good set of clocks though.

Thanks mark ans Si, I'll check the fuses tonight but I doubt thats it, the trip has not reset itself since and the clock is sometimes right.

The car is 37 months old and has done 65000 miles, i might give the dealer a ring and see if they will give it a looking at for free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kev.