some pics

T

tinka

well i know its an audi forum,but this is what replaced the s-line,im not going to slate audi, i just thought i would share the pics with you.
PC090106.jpg

PC0901042.jpg

PC0901072.jpg

Nearly a gorgeous car, shame they ruined the back end. Interior looks good.

mmmmmm nice

i love the new look of the new BMW's

hated the 5 series at first but they have grown on me so much

problem with BMW's is that you need to spec one up or buy a sport of something or else they look poo

loving the car fella, what engine is it?

NICE interior!

20d,as much as i wanted the 330d,i could'nt justify it,the pre owned ones were more than i paid for it new,

Sorry but if I'm honest, that looks hideous.

The exterior is bland as hell and could be anything from a distance. it's totally lost the distinctive BMW shape. the interior is even worse and is the same stark, clinical design they're using everywhere in their range.

The last generation of beemers, such as the E46 and E39 were the pinnacle and much better designed than the current ones both inside and out.

Guess I'm in the minority, exterior looks good, interior not good. I just don't like BMW interiors.

I'm a fan - I think the M Sport kit looks fab without being too aggressive, and those wheels are just awesome! Nice colour, too.

Inside and out, I'm still a fan of the new 3. BMW played it safe with the design, but cars are a lot more than that - the press have been raving about the drive and that says it all really. I did look into the new 3-series touring after a new addition to our family, but prices - new or nearly-new - are just too steep for me.

About the only downside for me would be the ownership itself, which means hostility from other drivers (and vandals from friends/colleagues experiences), plus heavy depreciation for a premium brand.

Vertigo1 said:

The exterior is bland as hell and could be anything from a distance. it's totally lost the distinctive BMW shape. the interior is even worse and is the same stark, clinical design they're using everywhere in their range.

The last generation of beemers, such as the E46 and E39 were the pinnacle and much better designed than the current ones both inside and out.

Would have to agree.

I must admit that I think BMW have lost their way a bit with the latest designs. I've never been a big fan on BMW, prefering front wheel drive to rear wheel drive, but I did used to think their cars looked great and were very distinctive and I also liked their interiors, but not the latest ones.

build quality is ok,but its early days,as for bland i dont agree,my s line was a step up from a sport model,but other than the wheels it had the same bumpers and seats and after a while it just blended in with the others,
the m sport stands out,but not to much which is what i like,but everyone is entitled to their opinion i guess,

i got it more for the driving experience,and it is more refined,i also prefer rear wheel drive.

I used to own a BMW 328i about 6 years ago, well it was a company car, enjoyed it and it was well built but I have to say the current A3 I have is better, but then again, I am sure the current 3 Series is a damn site better than the 98 model I had.

The M Sport does look the business.

the most noticeable improvements,are the refinement,and handling,compared to the a3.

Not a fan of the interior either - never have been with BMs

Vertigo1 said:

Yep totally agree with all of that and it is exactly why I have just given back the lease co. my superb e46 320d se (the 3rd e46 I've had) and am waiting for my a4 170 s-line to arrive. :undwech:

it drives great,those that dont like it should at least have a drive you might change your mind,although i like the looks,they dont take away the fact it has one of the best chassis?,i dont feel like i have to tamper with it like the a3.
as i said before im not going to start hammering audi's,now i dont have one,just highlighting the advantages,and differances.

bowfer said:
Lovely looking motor.
Is that Topaz blue ?

Le Mans Blue I think, you can only order on Msport models

I've got to laugh at A3 owners thinking the BMW looks bland.
If you don't like it,fair enough,but saying it looks bland is like Vicky Pollard calling Jade Goodie a dog...

bowfer,thanks mate,i could'nt have put it better myself,as garypaul says,its le mans blue,i almost went for crimson red to save a bit,but it was a good deal with the blue,and im glad i went for it now.

bowfer said:
If you don't like it,fair enough,but saying it looks bland is like Vicky Pollard calling Jade Goodie a dog...

Quite, both Vickie and Jade are both dogs....

I like the new "high tech" design of recent BMWs. I just find the interior a bit dull and they could improve it. Just compare the new TT (or the old) with a Z4 interior...

In a couple of years might place an order on the M3 to come, That V8 should be fantastic (Sorry Audi S4 fans...)

It's a nice car you've bought and does something we cannot really do with our Audis.... Powerslide! (I'm still waiting for my S3 to arrive!! Can wait to put my hands on it!!)

Pedro

bowfer said:
I've got to laugh at A3 owners thinking the BMW looks bland.

Damn, been away fronm the forum for a few days I was going to post something along the lines of it being bland!

How on earth can you say the 3 series looks bland when comparing it to something like and audi a3,a4,a6,a8...

I agree the interior is perhaps not as nice as an audis but it's not bad. But I do like BM interiors, the seats are fantastic, the insturment lay out is very nice.

But we are all different.

marriedblonde said:
How on earth can you say the 3 series looks bland when comparing it to something like and audi a3,a4,a6,a8...
No, bland is definitely not the right word to describe the 3 series.

'Ugly abomination' would be a much more accurate description !
The 3 Series did win Top Gear's 'Ugliest Car of the Year' award, don't forget.