Cleaning a car dash

Bolly

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I want to clean a Range Rover Interior. It has had a hard life and has been used for a lot of things over the years (not just carting the kids to school or popping to the gym or a trip to ASDA!) and as a result there is a lot of grime and dirt in-bedded into the seat, dash and door cards.

It is a leather interior so I was thinking about using some LTT leather shampoo which I have read good reviews on and working my way from a gentle wipe to something more aggressive - looking to get a leather brush thingy if needed.

My question is - can I use interior shampoo (I have lots in the garage from a recent Halfords sale) on the dash or should I use a leather shampoo. I don't think there is a mention of dangerous to use on Leather but I will double check. I bought a new (new to me '03 A3) car recently as wondering the same. I used the usually Interior Wipes but the dash still looks shiny and dirty. Can I use interior shampoo on the dash and agitate it with a brush to lift the grime and wipe away? Or is there a better alternative?

Any advises?

Thanks

Bolly

lots of interior cleaners are safe to use on leather, check the directions

Hi

I've been using 303 aerospace protectant for a number of years and convinced it's by far one of the best products for keeping the dash and plastic trim looking great. If the dash or trim needs cleaning, then use 303 all in one surface cleaner before applying 303 protectant. For leather seats I use Autoglym leather cleaner and then the leather balm to keep the leather soft and supple.