Insurance help

ldn

Reaction score
I'm picking up a new S3 on Thursday and thought that getting my insurance sorted would be a doddle.

Low and behold, the quotes I am getting are crazy. A lot more then my Jeep was when I was a teenager.

I live in central London and the car will be left of the street so I wasn't expecting cheap but JESUS

I'm also finding a lot of insurance companies wont insure me.

Any ideas?

Try AXA mate, they were the cheapest for me by £100. Plus if you have a dash cam you get an extra 10% off.

http://www.axa.co.uk/insurance/personal/car/

I put another forum member onto them the other week and they were cheap for them as well.

PS: Add an older (safe) driver to the policy as well, that will bring it down.

Quote has been declined on AXA... It seems to be when I put the car model in. Works with every other one...

Admiral on Money supermarket is giving me the cheapest quote at £1300.

I was expecting about £1k

Last edited:
£300 isn't much of an increase.

Mine was £2600, I put a quote in a couple of weeks ago and 4 months later it's £4100. Now they have had chance to be stolen and written off!

Bite their hand off with a £300 difference. It's £13 a month, a small price to pay for such a car.

Try Pace Ward.

Can't fault any of the quotes I've had from them

AXA have always been top of the list on any quotes I've done for the S3. Out of curiosity, how old are you and how much NCB do you have? I'm 24 this year and been driving 7 years this December, and my quotes are around the £500 mark.

Personally, there is no way I would have a car that cost so much for insurance.

My car is not an s3 but even when I had a MINI Cooper S I only paid about £300.

AXA have always been top of the list on any quotes I've done for the S3. Out of curiosity, how old are you and how much NCB do you have? I'm 24 this year and been driving 7 years this December, and my quotes are around the £500 mark.

28 and haven't got any NCB. Have always been a named driver as didn't drive much living in Central London.

I'm guessing it is to do with how many S3's are stolen and because I'm leaving it on the street?!

Try Pace Ward.

Can't fault any of the quotes I've had from them
Thanks, will do. I have the Audi 5 day free insurance so will spend the weekend ringing around...

Thanks, will do. I have the Audi 5 day free insurance so will spend the weekend ringing around...
Try our site sponsors @skyinsurance and tell them you a member on Audi-sport.net

Reactions: skyinsurance
Hi,

Have you tried us for insurance yet? If you wanted to PM me I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Kind Regards
Dan

Granted they may not be the cheapest but the amount of things you get included in the policy make it worth while.

I was quoted £550 for the S3, full NCB, 3 points and a claim on my licenec