Hose sizes?

Darren1983

Reaction score
hello all,

I don't suppose anyone knows the sizes of the intercooler hoses, the inlet hose and the intake hose.

Or anywhere that I could find these?

Im wanting to replace my jubilee clips with t clamps but don't really like the thought of having to take each pipe off to measure.

Thanks
darren

Darren you need the OD anyway use a tape sewing measure to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's a good idea Jon,

The T clamps are sold by the diameter size so if I measure the circumference with a sewing measure there is a calculator online that translates it to the diameter.

Put a link up to the clamps you thinking of..

Other option is a large pair of calliper, there's some plastic ones around.

I tend to use jubilee clips just marine grade ones from hi grip and do up with a torque wrench to 7nm for most of them

Exhaust clamps aren't immune to it bit of lock tite does wonders!

Is that genuine hi grips? Or are you running a lot of boost?

i replaced two with new jubilee clips but the majority are the originals. some of them are just nipping up but if you turn them too far they loosen. them marine grade hi grip look like good quality might go for them instead with a bit of lock tite.

There is two grades I do them with a torque wrench every time. Go for the 316 variety

Look at ASAP supplies

As soon as they have been overtightened they are junk

Do nit use T bolts. Buy some hi torque jubilee clips.

Reactions: JonSline
My hose a double D... oh wait...

Which intercooler do you have?

From memory mine's just under 2 inches... intercooler pipe is pretty small too... :happy:

My hose a double D... oh wait...

Which intercooler do you have?

From memory mine's just under 2 inches... intercooler pipe is pretty small too... :happy:

For some reason I thought they were just over two inches 63mm maybe!!? 80mm jubilee clips should do it, cut the excess off if you like and put clamp aids on to neaten up.

Sure I read it somewhere when I was looking at intercooler and charge coolers then something else fell off and needed fixing......b7 tdi ownership

Could be, only just realised it has 2.0tfsi special edition in his signature which I'd presume would have a bigger 'cooler than my car.

I'd recommend taking the pipe fully off, cleaning the inside like mad and the metal end, spraying a load of hairspray inside the pipe and on the metal, refitting the pipe and putting the jubilee clip in a slightly different location and tightening it like crazy then putting another one next to it (if there's room) and doing the same.

If that doesn't work out there's superglue but but keep in mind how quick it drys or for a less permanent solution you could always tie the jubilee clip to something with string,