Flat Bottom Steering Wheel Help Please

Damian_S

Reaction score
Morning,

Hopefully someone can give me some advise - I think I got carried away with my recent FBSW purchase and fitment is going to be an issue.

I have a 2011 A4 Black edition with the round 3-spoke MFSW I wanted to upgrade to a flat bottom wheel and so made a purchase ffor a good price. The wheel is part code 8V0419091 R and the airbag is 8V0 880 201 AL 6PS 08S - this is a single stage bag and my original is a dual stage. The wheel bolts on fine but of course no steering wheel controls and airbag light.

My steering wheel controls and the iNav and * button - do I need to change these for the lower spec buttons? I assume I also need a new dual stage airbag?

Could someone please advise - I've searched but can't find the answer I need to these questions.

Thanks

Sounds like you need a new air bag as not compatible

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I think you are correct - I also think I need to switch the steering wheel controls?

You maybe able to reprogramme the controls?

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

You bought an A3 8V steering wheel. I'm unsure its controls will work with A4/A3 8P. "Your" wheel should be 8K0 419 091 CN with a MUTE button, not arrows (please correct me if I'm wrong) and you needed a dual stage airbag, the part number 8K0 880 201 AE.

Reactions: Damian_S