Order placed - delivery end March ;-(

Castro

Reaction score
The leasing company have just confirmed my order and have given me a delivery date (for my new A3 2.0 TDI (170) S tronic Sport) of end March 2007. Thats almost 14 weeks from today and over the 8-12 wks I was initially told. Are these dates pretty rigid or could I get a nice surprise and receive my car a little earlier?

TIA

14 weeks???!!! great, i am ordering a replacement vehicle for my 'poorly' a3 this week and is this the norm across the whole a3 range??

and p.s because the sline se is not produced anymore, my insurer tried to palm me off with a bog standard 2.0t 2wd with no kit!! cheeky tw@ts

I ordered mine on October 21st, and its looking set to be ready for collection between Christmas and New Year, so just over 9 weeks from ordering. I was told it would only take 8 weeks though :(

When I ordered my A3 2.0 TDI-170 Sportback last week the dealer checked and showed me the lastest delivery information and it was saying early February 07.

Mikey said:
i was told 10-12 weeks for my new A3.
Mike you must be half way through the wait now lol
Any news on a delivery date yet??

curley said:
Mike you must be half way through the wait now lol
Any news on a delivery date yet??

Its been nearly 5 weeks now. I rang up last week and they were very unhelpfull, was told 10 to 12 weeks in a very abrupt manner, and that i will get a letter once they know a delivery time. I'll keep pestering them tho as im going to need to know a date soon so i can arrange finance and insurance!

Leasing companies are generally quite slow as a they have 'prefered' suppliers which quite often run out of their quota. Bet if you went to a dealer and asked as a private buyer it would come up quicker.

I ordered mine about the this time in 2004 and it arrived at the dealers at least a couple of weeks before the 1st March when I picked it up.

My order went in on 19th Sep and I've just picked the car up today so that's exactly 12 weeks.

PS. I think I'm in lurve - pics to follow when daylight and the weather permits :)

Would i be right in saying it could be even longer than 12 weeks due to the factory being on a shut down for Christmas?

mine is coming on thursday 14th dec exactly 10 weeks from order

Ordered A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI SE Stronic on December 4 from Audi Links. Received letter from Dealer today informing me of a confirmed build week of 03 2007. This is quicker than I expected but I wil not be picking it up until March 1st.

mwardyrem said:
Ordered A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI SE Stronic on December 4 from Audi Links. Received letter from Dealer today informing me of a confirmed build week of 03 2007. This is quicker than I expected but I wil not be picking it up until March 1st.

youve had a letter? right thats it, time to play hell with dealer. i ordered mine Nov 9th and ive had no letter, no phone calls, and i was told i would be called each week about the progress of my order, NOTHING. I rang them up last week and got rudely told TEN TO TWELVE WEEKS, BYE!

Mikey said:
youve had a letter? right thats it, time to play hell with dealer. i ordered mine Nov 9th and ive had no letter, no phone calls, and i was told i would be called each week about the progress of my order, NOTHING. I rang them up last week and got rudely told TEN TO TWELVE WEEKS, BYE!
I really hate the attitude of Audi dealers, most I have dealt with have been staffed by rude, arrogant, jumped-up wideboys. I called Amersham Audi twice to arrange a test drive and on each occasion I was promised someone would call me back.... to date nada. OK, I don't intend to buy a car from them, but they don't know that. The same with HR Owen Audi in Colindale I had to hound them for two weeks to get a quotation for repairs.

It's not only some Audi dealers that are less than useful. I've visited several BMW dealers over the years and they have been useless and very patronising. I can remember on one occassion my wife asked a perfectly normal question about the seat adjustments and the salesman ignored her and looked at me when he gave the answer. He then telephoned me every few days to ask when I was going to place an order.

Earlier in the week I popped in to a local BMW dealer to ask for some details on the 1 series and was introduced to a salesman. This guy was very polite and knew just about everything there was to know about the cars he was selling. He was very pleaseant to talk to and come over very well. It was a really pleasant change.

My own Audi dealer is just the same. I have dealt with the same salesman for my last 4 Audi A3s and what he does not know about the A3 is not worth knowing. He is always very pollite and pleasant, as are all the staff that I have any contact with. It makes it a real pleasure to visit.

I have just ordered a new A3 Sportback and been given a preliminary delivery date of early to mid-February 2007. I know for sure that they will let me know as soon as the date becomes firm and let me know the build week, as they have done with all my previous orders.

It seems there are good and bad in all dealers.

I agree with Dave's comments.

I have found it pays to go to one of the smaller dealers, if you want good service. They have a much stronger vested interest in keeping their customers happy ! I have bought all of my Audis from Heritage Audi in Salisbury, who have been brilliant.

Yup, I'm currently having a 'good experience' with Millhouse Audi in Bath, who are also a 'small dealer'. I was told that initially I wouldn't hear much from them as until a build week was assigned there wouldn't be any news. As soon as a build week was assigned, I received a card through the post. In my case I've been e-mail them as well, and they've always been very quick at responding and very helpful.

The same here! Although some people had problems with Highland Audi I have absolutely no complaints and everyone is being very helpfull. I'm even ordering a left hand drive! Same for BMW in Inverness, great help!

There are good and bad ones I suppose...

Pedro

there are some shocking dealers out there but i havent had a bad experience with any audi centres and i thought that things had really moved on in the world of car sales...........until i went to mercedes direct in manchester.
anyone been there - f@ck me the sales manager is a fu@king pen>s and is such a typicle car salesman it actually made me feel intimidated for the first time in ages.

Sorry to go into leftfield......

rung my dealer AGAIN today, salesman i placed the order with off work AGAIN (ive rung 7 times for this guy on many different days) spoke to a lady who confirmed my audi will be built week 2, 2007, delivery with them should be 1st week of Feb. So pretty much on time.

Never had a problem with my dealer (Cardiff Audi) always been helpful deal with the same guy every time.

When I ordered a new sportback earlier in the year I made the mistake of getting BMW to send me some info. I had a phone call every day for three weeks from them, even though I said I wasn't interested, in the end I call screened them and they gave up.

Never had a problem with my dealer (Cardiff Audi) always been helpful deal with the same guy every time.

When I ordered a new sportback earlier in the year I made the mistake of getting BMW to send me some info. I had a phone call every day for three weeks from them, even though I said I wasn't interested, in the end I call screened them and they gave up.