Insurance!?

S3JOJ

Reaction score
Hi All,

Hoping someone can advise on a good insurer/broker?

My quotes are coming out at more than double what I paid last year and for the life of me I can't work out why!

I'm 26, 5 years driving, 3 years NCD. 5 points SP50. 65 plate S3.

I do have to check the 'has had insurance cancelled' box because of a ridiculous technicality on a policy a couple of years back but it didn't affect me last year as I paid in full (as I intend to this time).

Cheapest I've got so far is £1300. Adrian Flux quoted £1575. I just don't get it.

Help!!

Thanks,
Joe

Admiral quoted me £482 - 30, 9 yrs no claims... no points blah blah

Who is the £1300 quote with? Admiral are the cheapest for me 28 6 years ncb came in around £650. Axa also weren't too far away, might be worth a try.

Hi All,

My quotes are coming out at more than double what I paid last year and for the life of me I can't work out why!

I do have to check the 'has had insurance cancelled' box because of a ridiculous technicality on a policy a couple of years back but it didn't affect me last year as I paid in full (as I intend to this time).

Cheapest I've got so far is £1300. Adrian Flux quoted £1575. I just don't get it.

Help!!

Thanks,
Joe
Try @skyinsurance they site sponsors.

Reactions: skyinsurance
Hi All,

Help!!

Thanks,
Joe
Go direct with AXA, been the cheapest for me and a few others on here, I paid just over £270 this year. Aviva wanted £600+

Hi All,

Help!!

Thanks,
Joe
Hi,
I'm sorry we couldn't help out with your insurance this year but thanks for giving us a try though.
Regards,
Dan.

Hope not... my cover started with them yesterday and I paid upfront...

I heard it a good 3/4 months ago, I was totally shocked as they are a big company in the car enthusiast world. They might have recovered since then, I know that allmexisiting customers were supposed to be safe.

Hi Dan,
Am I wrong in thinking that Adrian Flux went into administration? :/

I can confirm that this is not true. You may be confusing this with one of the companies we work with, Enterprise, that went into liquidation several months ago.

Regards
Dan

I might be wrong in this....
But I remember getting told by a friend who was a police officer, and he said there is no way of an insurance company finding out if you have points.
:busted cop:

I can confirm that this is not true. You may be confusing this with one of the companies we work with, Enterprise, that went into liquidation several months ago.

Regards
Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response, I heard about it and then saw it online.. must have been a bad source haha.

I might be wrong in this....
But I remember getting told by a friend who was a police officer, and he said there is no way of an insurance company finding out if you have points.
:busted cop:
This involves telling lies on your application form. Then when you have an accident and the insurance company do find out they can disown any claim that you make.

Reactions: KenL