Different seat leather quality?

dp_motley

2019 A3 35TFSI S line
Reaction score
Hey there. I've been looking for leather or leather/alcantara seats for my A3 8PA for a while. Yesterday, I found a set of seats and door cards that I'm considering to buy, but my concern is that the leather looks too shiny on a photo. Most seats I saw before had matte black leather which I prefer. I'm wondering if Audi used different type of leather (matte or shiny) on 8P seats or this is just bad picture (below)?

Perhaps, these seats are dyed with something shiny. If it's the case, can it be reverted to normal matte look?

Shily s line seats

The shininess is dirt. Get some Gliptone liquid leather cleaner and conditioner, give the seats a thorough doing, and the shininess will be gone.

Reactions: CHEZ and dp_motley
Thanks guys. That's what I wanted to hear. Dirt and/or polish, not the leather itself.

Bookmarked Gliptone liquid leather.

EDIT: I guess I can use Gliptone on a steering wheel as well?

Probably just been spruced up for purpose of sale, mine have looked like this on the 2 or 3 occasions I've given them a good clean/condition, they'll soon fade back.

Reactions: dp_motley
Thanks for the replies guys.
Unfortunately, the seller refused shipping the seats to Denmark. I wish him luck selling an RHD car interior in Europe.
Fortunately, there were other offers and I bought S-line half leather/alcantara seats. The seats are in good condition if to trust pictures, but they will need some cleaning. I bought Gliptone G15 Gentle Spray Cleaner because it is suitable for both leather and alcantara. In addition, I bought COLOURLOCK Leather & Textile Cleaning Brush and Auto Glym Leather Care Balm.
Waiting impatiently when it all arrive.

Reactions: jdp1962