EGR valve

Ownera3

Reaction score
2017 03 22 19 38 44
I have a 2010 Audi A3 s-line 2.0TDI
I've recently had the amber coil warning light for emmissions come on my car with the car going into limp mode and the engine management light on too. I had a friend plug in his diagnosis error reader, and it came up with an error with the EGR valve. I was advised it's a costly fix into £100s I've been told though by other people it is easy enough to take of a clean. Which I have attempted but I think I have cleaned the EGR antI shudder valve, circled in the attached photo. Can someone please point out to me where the egr valve is situated in my engine bay. And as much advice as possible to carry out this task.

i had the same issue and car would go into limp mode. even though i mainly use motorway. i booked the car at narco tuning for a stage 2 dpf and egr removed running at 199.9 bhp from a cr140. been few months and aint had no issues compared to me having the limp mode everyday.

View attachment 120576 I have a 2010 Audi A3 s-line 2.0TDI
I've recently had the amber coil warning light for emmissions come on my car with the car going into limp mode and the engine management light on too. I had a friend plug in his diagnosis error reader, and it came up with an error with the EGR valve. I was advised it's a costly fix into £100s I've been told though by other people it is easy enough to take of a clean. Which I have attempted but I think I have cleaned the EGR antI shudder valve, circled in the attached photo. Can someone please point out to me where the egr valve is situated in my engine bay. And as much advice as possible to carry out this task.
On the image you posted after the shudder valve you got the alloy pipe that going from manifold to egr, guess what is on other side ;)

I had it done recently at garage.. i got the value £40 and the garage charged me £100.80p to fit it.. said it was super easy (front of engine and like an hour and half labour or something) hope that helps in terms of pricing the change

You can do it yourself.. it is about 6 bolts and loads of elbow grease to clean!

Made such a difference when it was replaced as well - well worth doing

I had it done recently at garage.. i got the value £40 and the garage charged me £100.80p to fit it.. said it was super easy (front of engine and like an hour and half labour or something) hope that helps in terms of pricing the change

You can do it yourself.. it is about 6 bolts and loads of elbow grease to clean!

Made such a difference when it was replaced as well - well worth doing
Better get rid of it.

Does anyone have any information to whether this is linked with the emissions update using the EGR valve to bring the emissions back into spec?
They are running it open all the time now, on other cars Ive had this cokes up the valve and the inlet manifold eventually.
Ownera3, has this come on from having the update? I had the update removed because it was rough and it feels like new again.

I recently had the same problem with my EGR valve on the 2009. Clean all the gunge from the aluminium body itself my help but your problem probably lies in the electric motor and this part unfortunately is not replaceable by itself so I went ahead and purchased the new EGR valve from TPS with gaskets Around 250 I then paid my mechanic friend to replace it which was another 50 and had no problems since .

Reactions: cjamesenorf