There is an option for programming on VCDS, go to:

1. AWD
2. Adaptation
3. Wiring logic

Under the wiring logic menu there is:
-Low Noise
-Normal
-Increased Traction

Can you verify for me what do you have and what could it do? It sounds interesting to say the least...

Thanks!
JC

Reactions: OliS3
Wow. This can be interesting.
I'll check my 7R for reference.

I have read that the RS3 has a tweaked Haldex sw from factory. Maybe this is it.

Could we also try to get a RS3 8v to compare?
Anyone know any RS3 8v owner?

Sorry didn't check mine yet. I'll try and login by the weekend where my first track session is due on Sunday.
But if RS3 8v guys are at Standard my Golf R mk7 is probably to.

Does anyone know what is actually different on the RS3 8v Haldex controller sw?

Because of the title "Wiring Logic", I'd suggest that there are three different versions of wiring loom out there, depending on the specific hardware of the AWD system fitted to the car. So I imagine there's only one menu setting that actually works.

Because of the title "Wiring Logic", I'd suggest that there are three different versions of wiring loom out there, depending on the specific hardware of the AWD system fitted to the car. So I imagine there's only one menu setting that actually works.

Can you please explain what you mean by this?
Thanks

Say there are three different kinds of AWD hardware that Audi can fit to the car, depending on specification. However, each one has wiring differences, so you need to tell the control electronics which version of the wiring loom it has installed in order for it to be able to control it correctly.

I'm only guessing this is the case, based on the term "Wiring Logic". If it was an option to change the behaviour of a standard AWD system, I would think it might be called something like "AWD Mode".

Say there are three different kinds of AWD hardware that Audi can fit to the car, depending on specification. However, each one has wiring differences, so you need to tell the control electronics which version of the wiring loom it has installed in order for it to be able to control it correctly.

I'm only guessing this is the case, based on the term "Wiring Logic". If it was an option to change the behaviour of a standard AWD system, I would think it might be called something like "AWD Mode".

It's possible it's just a bad translation from a german word which actually refers to the operating mode of the haldex i.e comfort, standard or sport for example

It's worth somebody trying the different modes and launching the car and posting

There's a thread over at Audizine that several people confirmed it does exactly what it says, increase traction... Someone mentioned he was having problem with Haldex and Eurodyne tune tested slower to 60 than stock. After the coding, 60 time went from 4.9 to 3.3 so it definitely did something with Haldex...

Reactions: grainqey
There's a thread over at Audizine that several people confirmed it does exactly what it says, increase traction... Someone mentioned he was having problem with Haldex and Eurodyne tune tested slower to 60 than stock. After the coding, 60 time went from 4.9 to 3.3 so it definitely did something with Haldex...

That's ridiculous.... Did he changed something when it was tuned originally?

That's ridiculous.... Did he changed something when it was tuned originally?

I think his Haldex was on the way out and wasn't engaging that's why the slow stage 2 time, and the coding might be forcing the Haldex to engage so back to stage 2 time? He knew it was a temp fix but it serves the purpose of proofing the coding is doing something here?

Hi guys.
I have been eyeballing this thread here and 8n other forums.

I am driving the Golf 7R prefacelift.
Have read that 7R and RS3 has a different settings standard. Which can explain some "better" traction on trackdays. Not here to bash on the S3. Hage only read this...

BUT:
I have now checked my 7R 2014 and a friend of mine's S3 8v 2014. These cars have the exact same settings in the 22:AWD module = Standard.
I have also checked the XDS settings which could explain some traction differences, but this is also set to standard on both cars and models.

I also have a friend with the newest 7.5R Facelift. Guess what. It has the same settings as my 7R and my friends S3. Standard and standard.

I have changed on my 7R and my friends S3 the 22:AWD = Increased Traction and XDS = Medium.
We haven't visited the track yet so can't confirm anything.
The strange thing is that the XDS has changed back to standard upon next vcds read 1 week later... Anyone can confirm the same?

Now for the 7.5R has Don the same settings with the Haldex. It is now on Increast traction. He reported a more oversteer in roundabouts. It actually surprised him so much and almost threw him out of the road!

I have made a copy of the Facelift modules with the hw and sw numbers for you guys to compare. Will post up mine 74 and the S3 soon.

7.5R AWD Module:
Address 22: AWD (J492) Labels: 0CQ-907-554.clb
Part No SW: 0CQ 907 554 H HW: 0CQ 525 130
Component: Haldex4Motion H52 7083
Serial number: HA1-00028.03.17
Coding: 0001
Shop #: WSC 01357 011 00200
ASAM Dataset: EV_AllWheelContrHA1VW37X 004013
ROD: EV_AllWheelContrHA1VW37X_004_VW37.rod
VCID: 4A9B283FEDD9341792-801E

No fault code found.

Reactions: Djs3saloon
For what I understand, XDS is all preset to "standard" by default, BUT, on the 7R and RS3, Standard is actually Medium but on the S3, standard is Weak... So even though they all defaults to Standard, it doesn't mean they're all on the same setting...

And as you pointed out, the XDS on 7R changed back to Standard? Again, it could mean that Medium IS Standard on 7R.

Any news on the Haldex topic?

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Did this on the G7.5R we had last year....
Must admit the Golf R felt different after it......

Just changed it on the FL RS3 but not noticed a dramatic difference as of yet......

Reactions: A3SBQ
Although the FL RS3 does have a setting for quattro in the mmi drive select individual settings now.

Reactions: A3SBQ
Although the FL RS3 does have a setting for quattro in the mmi drive select individual settings now.
Can you please make a read in the 22:awd module and post it her?

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk