Windscreen washers not working

Robert pierce

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having issues with my windscreen washers not working, I only bought the car 2 weeks ago and I've just noticed they don't work ( along with another large list of other faults :mad::mad:)

took the wheel off, undone the arch cover to locate the little pump. Was no sound when pulling washer lever in car back ( bonnet down and headlights set to on ) hooked it up to a 12v battery and blipped it for a second and the pump run fine, put voltmeter to pump wire and not getting any voltage, checked every fuse in the car, only thing I can think of is a relay maybe ?????

Anybody had similar problems, your help is muchly appreciated

Hi, I'm really only posting a reply to your opening posting due to the fact that I seem to be the 29th person that has viewed this thread and offered no help! Maybe hand out the year and model in case it makes any difference to which fuse(s) covers this function. Sorry but I don't know which fuse(s) powers that function and which fuse box it is fitted into. I've looked in my Haynes manual but it is as useful as a chocolate tea pot, as the source of power is shown as the "onboard supply control unit"!

Sorry, a bit new to this.

It's a A4 2008 b8,as said in the original post, every fuse has been checked in the boot, drivers side and passengers side.

Sorry, a bit new to this.

It's a A4 2008 b8,as said in the original post, every fuse has been checked in the boot, drivers side and passengers side.

Robert did you have any luck fixing this problem?! I have exactly the same issue and the same year/make/model of Audi. It's driving me nuts Tested the pump on a battery today it works fine, tested the fuses with a voltmeter and they're all fine. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks