Your previous cars

KrisKrk

A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant
Reaction score
Did you ever had that thought: "I wonder if the person who bought the car off me, still got it?", "Did it gone bad or not?", "Has it been scrapped maybe?".

Well, sometimes I do.

It is something to do with the face people make, when buying the vehicle off you and it's their firs or dreamed one. Loads of thoughts goes trough their faces expression that can be read easily: "Oh, this is wicked. I'm going to have so much fun in it", "Yeaayyyy! Finally I got it" Ect
And another side, You with loads of thoughts in the head: "Ohhh, I'm really going to miss it", "I've put lots of work in it, hard to part with it", "Great I got rid of it as it was nothing but troubles".

Any funny stories?

Reactions: 45bvtc
Years ago a mate of mine brought a MK1 Golf GTI and he brought it round to show me and my dad. My dad looked it over and he was sure he knew the car. It was his brothers first Golf and proper descent car,him and my dad done a few mods to it which were still on it. My dad was so excited he called his brother and said I have a surprise come round now.

My uncle was like WOW its been kept in great condition over the years. As my mate was leaving they both said please look after it we know what your like. 2 weeks latter he crashed and wrote it off. Both were not happy with him.

I know when I sold my R32 about 4 years ago I said to the guy please look after it. He jumped in it and done a massive wheel spin off my drive. I thought to myself 's**t I bet my car is crying and thinking why have you forsaken me' I looked up online on the UK Gov MOT checker and every MOT since it left me its had loads off advisories and failed twice. Feel like tracking the muppet down and asking what the F*** he's done to it!!!! I know he only lives about 10 miles from me.

Everyone I know who have tracked down there old cars wished they didn't. Its just depressing

Reactions: far2tall, BarryG79 and KrisKrk
In some sort of order and some alone and some together and others (so many MG Montego Torbo's and misc Lotus) in-between and a few missed out: and I know where some are: the 1993 GSI3000 and 1990 Metro Turbo are Sorn: the 1973 Lotus Elan +2 is in Canada; the 1972 Lotus Europa in Milton Keynes; the 1971 Lotus Elan (owned for 37-years) is in Birmingham; the 2001 Audi S3 (still mint) in Stafford, the 2003 TT 3.2 in Crewe, the 2003 A2 TFSi in Stafford; the 2004 A2 TDi in Wolverhampton. The 2011 RS3, 2013 A1, and 2011 TT 2.0 ragtop I still have and will be keeping for some time yet

Attachments

• Frogeye #1ZX.jpg
    Frogeye #1ZX.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 1_Spitfire.jpg
    1_Spitfire.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 148
  • GT6 and Spitfire #1.jpg
    GT6 and Spitfire #1.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Kitty #3.jpg
    Kitty #3.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Dixie #3.jpg
    Dixie #3.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 133
  • P1010048.JPG
    P1010048.JPG
    593.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 01 Build.jpg
    01 Build.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Europa #1.jpg
    Europa #1.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Plus Two - Falmouth #2.jpg
    Plus Two - Falmouth #2.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 137
  • 5_Sprint.jpg
    5_Sprint.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 139
  • My S3 #2.jpg
    My S3 #2.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 139
  • P1010520.JPG
    P1010520.JPG
    500.7 KB · Views: 137
  • DOLLY_ #1.JPG
    DOLLY_ #1.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 156
  • P1000515x.jpg
    P1000515x.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 166
  • P1040111xx.jpg
    P1040111xx.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 140
  • P1040023xx.jpg
    P1040023xx.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 133
  • image001MA30022162-0001.jpg
    image001MA30022162-0001.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra, BarryG79 and KrisKrk
That is wicked story Raiden. Did your dad and uncle wanted to buy it off of him for sentimental purposes?
It is a shame to loose a car you've cherished so much and got wasted by someone totally irresponsible.

I just checked my previous cars and the first one (Skoda Fabia) is knocking around. Not more than 10k since I've sold it to a girl as a first car, back in 2013. Maybe occasional car but not major advisories and no mot fails.

The A4 had some mot fails in the recent years, I've just seen. The guy clocked it quite much but few parts of the front suspension were gone and some electrical gremlins got into it. It was an older guy I've sold it to and first thing he did when arrived to collect the car after 2 hour journey is handed me a Sainsbury's bag with dosh in it and asked for a loo. LOL. After he was done (spent few minutes in the bog), cash counted, I had to force him to test drive it and told him just general things about the car. He absolutely did not asked anything about it. Nothing!
After he shoot out of the toilet he just jumped in and wanted to go. Well, ok but I wasn't really ready to let it go just like that.

Gone it's gone but surely they will never be forgotten.

Reactions: far2tall
45bvtc, you had some cars, man.
Lovely little motors, they were.
Any of them traceable? Have you tried?
Was that A2 really an S version or "line" part of the trim was missing?

45bvtc, you had some cars, man.
Lovely little motors, they were.
Any of them traceable? Have you tried?
Was that A2 really an S version or "line" part of the trim was missing?

The A2 was an A2 FSi Sport; but no, the badge was my own addition and it still draws comment!

The Elan Sprint (see photo), A2 FSi, and S3 do come back regularly - the Elan for hands on TLC; the Europa is in re-build and I'm helping when ever (we did 200K miles in the Elan and it never went to a garage during 37-years of ownership); the +2 is in Canada and regularly wins awards - one of a few Lotus Elan +2 S130/5 cars in Canada.

P1010970MA29954344 0010

Image001MA29666382 0001

Reactions: Raiden and KrisKrk
Great cars. Bet you you had fun in them and lovely memories.

Great cars. Bet you you had fun in them and lovely memories.

Mega memories! I do miss the Elan but to be honest (and at 71 goin' 72 next month) the RS3 is an amazingly suitable replacement when driven with Elan!

RUTHIN ON Track mod

Reactions: Raiden and KrisKrk
That is wicked story Raiden. Did your dad and uncle wanted to buy it off of him for sentimental purposes?
It is a shame to loose a car you've cherished so much and got wasted by someone totally irresponsible.

I just checked my previous cars and the first one (Skoda Fabia) is knocking around. Not more than 10k since I've sold it to a girl as a first car, back in 2013. Maybe occasional car but not major advisories and no mot fails.

The A4 had some mot fails in the recent years, I've just seen. The guy clocked it quite much but few parts of the front suspension were gone and some electrical gremlins got into it. It was an older guy I've sold it to and first thing he did when arrived to collect the car after 2 hour journey is handed me a Sainsbury's bag with dosh in it and asked for a loo. LOL. After he was done (spent few minutes in the bog), cash counted, I had to force him to test drive it and told him just general things about the car. He absolutely did not asked anything about it. Nothing!
After he shoot out of the toilet he just jumped in and wanted to go. Well, ok but I wasn't really ready to let it go just like that.

Gone it's gone but surely they will never be forgotten.

My dad didn't have any money and my uncle said when you get bored of it let me know. It was around the year 2000 my mate brought it.

My dad did buy one as a project around 2004 but he never finished it. It was a none runner which he got working but never got it painted. He was really Ill and died Oct 2006. Said thing is my mate with the Golf got killed a few months before. He was mental behind the wheel and ended up moving on to bikes and his luck ran out.

Good thing is the guy that did our MOT's brought my dads car and finished it. Still has it to this day

The black one was mine but my dads you can just about see the rear of it. My MK1 was a shed but I loved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc and KrisKrk
Oh, man. That is the sad part of that story. Sorry for your loss.
At least a part of your dad will be in that car.
I wish I could have more time for a project car.

Reactions: Raiden
The Elan was taken down to bare-bone basics more than once:

05 First Re Build 3

Reactions: KrisKrk and Raiden
Out of all my cars iv'e had over the years my R32 has been my favorite. My S3 is a close second

Reactions: KrisKrk