changing the throttle body

mathew lisett

Reaction score
audi a4 2006 2.0 tfsi se sline 2wd

Ok so was reading about an upgrade mod on the forums and it seems doing the throttle body is a good one alone with its maf .

so would i be correct in saying both of these be a good move
BOSCH Air Mass Sensor EAN: 3165143544808
VDO Throttle body (a4 3.2) EAN: 4103590940674

now considering i know the throttle body is bigger, this would mean the original inlet hose wouldnt fit. now since i plan to replace the intake system , what would you suggest since im guessing the normal apr one wouldnt be suitable, but after looking the a4 3.2 wouldnt fit either.

and anything else i should consider when doing the change

I'm not sure why you'd change the throttle body or MAF?

I'm not sure why you'd change the throttle body or MAF?
well to explain why better than i could, i would need to ind that damned forum link.... but knowing my luck i now cant find it.

it was on one of the audi forums where the guy was testing to see if it would make a difference with his i believe audi a4 2.0.

and from what i read , not only did it help big time in its breathing and especially the top end , but other took on the mod and saw a difference aswell.

i remember them saying it was a straight swap and no different fitting, and thats the 4.2 had less effect than the 3.2

EDIT:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...got-a-larger-throttle-body-fitted-to-the-2-0T

Last edited:
Ok so going over some of the comments on that thread i noticed ultraleggera a4 supplied a link, http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4690902-TECH-TEST-1-OF-3-Throttle-Body-Sizing

and its showing the larger cross section of the throttle body was giving clear boost in bhp and got rid of sluggishness etc.

so, i guess since down the road i am aiming to upgrade the turbo to a 2871r, and since the throttle body ive quoted is only a (ha i said only) a 68mm, what throttle should i be looking at for it to be near the 80 on this link.