Open question: What should I do to my...

nivagh

Reaction score
...newly aquired A4 2.5TDI

Currently standard spec, except for a car phone. Contemplating de-badging the rear ( for look and for cleanliness; I don't think it's been washed by hand in about two years, judging by the parts that you can't reach without opening doors, bonnet, boot etc.)
Would also consider a chip for exonomy (lots of motorway miles!)

Anybody got an opinion they think I ought to consider...?:)

well first thing id do is get it all cleaned up, dont know bout u guys but when i get a new car it doesnt feel like mine until ive given it a proper going over. id also invest in a claybar to get rid of all those bonded on contaminents. send me a pm if you'd like more info on this....
id get the bumpers and skirts colour coded if not already done

SLAM it, stick some 40" chrome spinners on it! 100% blacked out windows all roun dinc windscreen. Laughing! :no:

On a serious note though keep it subtule but sweet! nothing to OTT like what i just said! And make sure you give it a damn good clean! :)

Thanks guys. Will maybe put a couple of pics up this weekend when I will have had a chance to wash (again...)
Anybody give me some pointers on prices and companies for alloy refurbs - they're all kerbed to some extent and need a bit of TLC!

Ta...

last time i heard it was around £30 a wheel. maybe its changed a little now. check your yellow pages out for local companies

Chris20,

What kit, side skirtsto you have on your car?
I'm new to all this... And have just brought a 2001 A4 Sport with nasty grey plastic lower bumpers and I really like the look you have.. What are the parts that come out from the lower half of the doors? Are the whole side skirts different too, or are they just colour coded?

Cheers!

its the S-Line kit mate, there not skirts i think there just called door blades. this gives a better idea
s41206v.jpg

hi, where do you get those blades from they look great, i have a 130tdi sport with those horrid grey panels as well, is it also possible to fit an s-line front bumper???

is it also possible to fit an s-line front bumper???

you can do front and back.... of course you just buy the bottom halves (audi is the cheapest for them) and the swap over, front and back are bout £67 each at audi + i payed £55 to get each painted from audi work shop i droped them off and they painted them and i collected 2 days later!

AudiSport said:
Chris20,

What kit, side skirtsto you have on your car?
I'm new to all this... And have just brought a 2001 A4 Sport with nasty grey plastic lower bumpers and I really like the look you have.. What are the parts that come out from the lower half of the doors? Are the whole side skirts different too, or are they just colour coded?

Cheers!

The lower parts of the doors and bumpers can definitely be colour coded. It was standard on the B6 after 2002 I think. If you decide to have it done, make sure that the parts are removed from the car first (sounds stupid, but has been known to happen.....!) I was quoted about £150 for this work from the dealership where I got my A4 - it's near Nottingham, pm if you want details.

so guys just to confirm can anyone put up the prices for the following from audi dealerships:

s-line front bumper-
s-line rear bumper-
painting fitting-

cheers

Last November on my old B6 avant i payed £60 for the rear bumper, it cost £50 to get sprayed at a local body shop and i fitted it, this time i was quoted £67.50 + vat for each bumper part(from audi parts dept)! but there was one on tyresmoke for £30

And saying as my car was in coolbrook and burgess under warrenty getting some work done i asked them to removed the old bit of rear and put the new bit on and they re-painted it for £67.50 + vat (stange the price is same as the part)

so cost me £110 all in for the rear s-line to get done

As said above make sure it is removed and off the car for spraying, make sure the top edge is definatly painted and keyed properly as the top half of the bumper expands at a dif rate than the bottom and there is quite a bit of movement between the 2, if not done properly it will flake off after a few months.

hi there
one thing you have to be carefull with when fitting the s line front bumper spoiler is that the se front bumper and the sport front bumper are different ,
you will need a sport front bumper to beable to fit the s line lower valance
so if you have an se you will need a new bumper .
i hope this helps

well first thing is first,

wash using the 2 bucket method with a good micro fibre mit
dry using microfibre mit
clay car with grey sonus bar
wash again using the 2 bucket method with a good micro fibre mit
dry using microfibre mitpoilsh the car with a good polish auto glym
then wax car with extreme xxx chemical guys wax and sealant

or if u have the pennies get it pc'd

mods wise trust ur heart and eyes!

wish someone could pc my car in newcastle im willing to pay but cant find anyone?!

Mcgough said:
wish someone could pc my car in newcastle im willing to pay but cant find anyone?!

dude get yourself signed up on detailingworld.co.uk full of pro detailers.:icon_thumright:

yeah come on board good guys!

plus get a pc and we will come down and teach u!

chris_20 said:
its the S-Line kit mate, there not skirts i think there just called door blades. this gives a better idea

nice ford focus rs next to it sir!

I'm also interested in getting the s-line front and rear lower bumper parts for my tdi avant.

If I call up Audi won't they start by asking for a Chassis # or reg?

it would be good to have the part numbers so I can just call up and order.
If I give them my part code, can the parts be sprayed before I drop in to pick them up?

I think these are correct for the front....but will this fit to the Audi SE I have?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lower spoiler - 8E0 807 110 B GRU
Fog light grill - 8E0 807 682 C 01C
Fog light grill - 8E0 807 681 C 01C
Center Grill - 8E0 807 647 D 01C
[/FONT]

Spolier seems the right one mate, so as long as the other bits match you will be ok.

as for painting depends on colour of car. if flat brilliant red like mine it can be painted of the car and no clour match required, if its black then probs not.

kris

chris_20 said:

nice car chris :anbet::respekt: is it yours?

18'' or 19'' rs6's?