se or standard a4 tdi b6?????

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
:rolleyes: How can i tell what model my car is ? i know engine is 96kw (130 i think)
but how can i tell if its the se model? also is se the base model?
car is 2001 (b6) tdi

they did a standard, SE and Sport. (not many standard's about as they did the SE on a free upgrade for some time)

SE came with onbaord computer and Crusie control as standard..

Sport, came with better seats, electric lumber support, centre arm rest, sport suspension

does it not state this on your V5 (log book) as my states Sport.

Cheers

RickT

JUST STATES A4 TDI ON V5, COMPUTER? DO YA MEAN RIGHT STALK(WHICH CONTROLS WIPERS) HAS 2 BUTTON,1 IS RESET? IVE GOT NONE THERE AND STANDARD STEERING WHEEL,WHERE AS MY COUSINS GOT 2 BUTTONS ON THAT STALK,LEATHER STEERING WHEEL,BUT NO CRUISE,REST OF THE CARS IS 100% SAME

The most readily identifiable differences are:

The SE has the DIS computer - the right hand stalk, for the washer / wiper has two buttons on the end and a reset, to cycle through info on the dashboard.

The Sport has sports seats with electric lumbar support and seat pitch adjustment, plus centre armrest, but no DIS (as standard)

I had a sport 1.9TDi (130) - it didn't have a centre arm rest (although the 1.8T (190) sport I have just bought has!)

Audi change spec's quicker than you read the spec sheet i think!

Ive got an armrest on my se,thought it was standard,added option when i sell it.

:blackrs4: hi there all
i have a 52 plate a4 avant , it is a se as indicated on the log book .
but i do not have the button on the end of the wiper stalk but the only thing that comes up on the dash display in distance on fuel in tank.
and i can not alter this, could the stalk have been changed for the wrong one in the past i'm a bit confussed please help

thanks everyone

worpspeed said:
:blackrs4: hi there all
i have a 52 plate a4 avant , it is a se as indicated on the log book .
but i do not have the button on the end of the wiper stalk but the only thing that comes up on the dash display in distance on fuel in tank.
and i can not alter this, could the stalk have been changed for the wrong one in the past i'm a bit confussed please help

thanks everyone

Very much doubt stalk has been changed in the past looks like your car does not have the full DIS, as said previously spec changes all the time.

I have a 2001 A4 2.0 petrol SE. As far as I was aware the difference between the SE and standard 2001 model was that the SE has the DIS "computer" with the buttons on the wiper control (which shows distance to empty, mpg, journey time etc), plus a leather steering wheel and a leather gear stick.

Mine also has the centre arm rest and aluminium window trim but these were both optional extra's. Stereo is the concert one and has dual zone climate control but I think these are standard on all models(?)

Mine has the 16 inch 5 spoke alloys, which I think also came on the non-SE spec, whereas I think the Sport came with 17's.

Cheers

Mike

vw754 said:
JUST STATES A4 TDI ON V5, COMPUTER? DO YA MEAN RIGHT STALK(WHICH CONTROLS WIPERS) HAS 2 BUTTON,1 IS RESET? IVE GOT NONE THERE AND STANDARD STEERING WHEEL,WHERE AS MY COUSINS GOT 2 BUTTONS ON THAT STALK,LEATHER STEERING WHEEL,BUT NO CRUISE,REST OF THE CARS IS 100% SAME

Having just purchased a secondhand A4 Avant and doing a lot of research in the process (must get out more) sounds like you have a standard A4, that seems to be the only version that comes without a leather steering wheel!