Advice needed

bezzer8812

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of changing my car from a 1.9tdi to the 2.0tfsi here the description of the car.

2.0T FSI Sport back S Line 2009 128000 miles with service history.5 door in black.......

AUDI A3 S LINE FSI QUATTRO, 5 DOOR HATCHBACK, 2.0, BLACK, 2.0T T FSI TURBO, 197 BHP, POWER STEERING, MULTIPLE SRS AIRBAGS, CENTRAL LOCKING WITH ALARM AND IMMOBILISER, ELECTRIC FRONT AND REAR WINDOWS, ELECTRIC HEATED DOOR MIRRORS, DUAL ZONE DIGITAL AIR CON WITH CLIMATE CONTROL, AUDI SYMPHONY CD PLAYER WITH MEDIA INTERFACE, ESP TRACTION CONTROL, AUTO HEAD LAMPS, AUTO DIM REAR VIEW MIRROR, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING BLACK FULL LEATHER TRIM, LEATHER STEERING WHEEL, REAR HEAD RESTRAINTS (3), FRONT AND REAR ISOFIX, PASSENGER AIR BAG DEACTIVATION, 6 SPEED MANUAL, HEATED REAR SCREEN, REAR WASH WIPE, COLOUR CODED BUMPERS, MIRRORS AND REAR BOOT SPOILER, 18" ALLOYS, FRONT FOG LIGHTS,

as a RAC APPROVED DEALER all our stock comes with long or new mot
.3 months RAC gold warranty
.12 months RAC breakdown cover
.12 months road side assistance
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE RAC APPROVED DEALER
priced at £5995

What do you guys think I've been i. Touch and it's had a new clutch Nd cam belt change at 89000, any input would be really appreciated.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

cam belt is nearly it's time, should be done every 40-50k miles, 128-89=39k miles done. as extras don't got much... what about history of car? full, partial, none? Always good to get it checked by trusted mechanic.

Reactions: bezzer8812
cam belt is nearly it's time, should be done every 40-50k miles, 128-89=39k miles done. as extras don't got much... what about history of car? full, partial, none? Always good to get it checked by trusted mechanic.
Thanks for replying mate it's got full history and had 5 owners from what i can gather

in 8 years it got 5 owners mean that each owner got it for 1 and half year circa, check if it's don't got any hidden problems. my is 54 plate and I'm 6th owner...

Check the MOT history out on line see how its done over the last few years.

Have to say the number of owners would put me off, although could be genuine reasons why its had a lot of ownership changes. Most people get rid of cars when problems arise...just be careful. Give the turbo a good inspection as well as at 128k if not looked after (abused from cold) its could be on its last legs.

I'm only the 2nd owner of my 2010 A3 Quattro.

Reactions: bezzer8812 and Marek196c
Thanks guys for all your help i think I'm going to keep looking for something else the replies have confirmed that's it's sort of too good to be true can find anything close to that price and the reviews for the place it's self arnt great only one 5 star review on Google

Reactions: samuelh_888
Thanks guys for all your help i think I'm going to keep looking for something else the replies have confirmed that's it's sort of too good to be true can find anything close to that price and the reviews for the place it's self arnt great only one 5 star review on Google

try on gutree ebay or autotrader and better from private persons. always check as much as you can, if it's got no history but you like it, is good to call a local dealer for any... however wasn't that deal for the money, it got less extras than mine 54plate 2.0 tdi

Hi @bezzer8812, is it specifically the 2.0 you're after, or sportback, or facelift or within a certain budget? I purchased a my09 1.8tfsi (facelift sportback) with 45k miles for £8,400. It was mint but I soon realised there was limited scope to modify.

Alternatively, a pre-facelift S3 (<2008 I think) with least than 90k miles can be found for £8-£9.5k (only 3 door however)

Depending on your requirements either of these could be an option.

From your original post, not much more to add from what the guys above said - aside from engine etc there is all the other areas of the car that have 128k miles on it - shocks, bushes, brakes etc. I think it's a good decision to let this one go.

Hi @bezzer8812, is it specifically the 2.0 you're after, or sportback, or facelift or within a certain budget? I purchased a my09 1.8tfsi (facelift sportback) with 45k miles for £8,400. It was mint but I soon realised there was limited scope to modify.

Alternatively, a pre-facelift S3 (<2008 I think) with least than 90k miles can be found for £8-£9.5k (only 3 door however)

Depending on your requirements either of these could be an option.

From your original post, not much more to add from what the guys above said - aside from engine etc there is all the other areas of the car that have 128k miles on it - shocks, bushes, brakes etc. I think it's a good decision to let this one go.
Thanks mate that's one of my main problems i need a five door it's just easier for me with the kids still strap them in, i think I've got no choice but to sit on it for a bit my budget can't stretch that far at the moment unfortunately, and the mileage was a biggest concern specially when i don't know how it's been driven for all those miles.

Thank you for your input much appreciated, i stupidly didn't even think of the over components that will have also done 120k and there's a lot of crap uk roads with large pot holes etc.

Thanks mate that's one of my main problems i need a five door it's just easier for me with the kids still strap them in, i think I've got no choice but to sit on it for a bit my budget can't stretch that far at the moment unfortunately, and the mileage was a biggest concern specially when i don't know how it's been driven for all those miles.

Thank you for your input much appreciated, i stupidly didn't even think of the over components that will have also done 120k and there's a lot of **** uk roads with large pot holes etc.

So sportback is need, also you got kids, so isn't better an audi a4? is bigger more room on back, you can get saloon or estate versions, seen last time the new model for 4500 (59 plate) and don't mind the miles TBH you can get an 180k miles and be in much better condition than 80k miles one.

So sportback is need, also you got kids, so isn't better an audi a4? is bigger more room on back, you can get saloon or estate versions, seen last time the new model for 4500 (59 plate) and don't mind the miles TBH you can get an 180k miles and be in much better condition than 80k miles one.
Do you know i hadn't thought about a different model, I'll look into that i just assumed i wouldn't be able to afford any other Audi model thanks for your help mate, the search continues.

Ended up buying an Alfa Romeo giulietta 170 multiair TB much more roomy inside although nowhere near the storage the a3 had which is the main thing I miss.

Watch for wishbones there, I ve driven (driving school) 1.6D 105hp, but on 20k miles got front left wishbone that needed to be changed. Hopefully your won't get any issue.