Dance Classics - List your favourite track

I was trying not to tan the name dropping :( What can I say? I'm well connected! :lmfao: (I'll just add that Sasha's last studio machine was hand crafted by yours truly ;) - can't claim to know him though) - But yeah, they and a few of the other boys I know have a pretty cool discography between them.

And yes, I've dabbled a bit - nothing even slightly as momentus and memorable though. I got into fiddling with tunes when I was 12 or something using trackers on my PC (remember the Amiga demos? same thing, different package) but didn't really get into it with any kind of direction until much later on when I started to make friends who did it seriously; and even then I did more DJ'ing than production (although I always tried to do some production as I'm not a fan of DJs who just play everyone else's stuff). It all took a knock on the head when 9-5 life took a step up from 'paying the bills' to 'get a career' - at that point I went back to hobbyist and otherwise busy getting roped-in to looking after everyone else's music-technology stuff. Having said that, after a lot of pressure from people over the last few months I've started to dust off th'owd keyboard and set up my stuff again, but progress is slow (I guess because obviously I'm rusty, but also because 9-5 life hasn't relaxed any (it's also more like 9-9 atm)) - one of the guys has just closed his record shop to spend more time on his production so I guess when I start doing stuff with him it'll start coming back to me :)

I bet you're sorry you asked now! :laugh:

Take it easy mate,

Rob.

Not at all, would love to get into that sort of thing myself. Was (and still am s'pose) musical myself but got bored before I left school. I've a lot of respect for people who have the creativity to churn out music:music: . Amiga demos - class!! Mate aat school was **** hot with the Amiga! Typical how something that you could really get your teeth into has to be put on the back burner because of the 9-5!:aggressive: Then again, the funds can also come in handy when you need the odd bit of equipment for the hobby side!

Good luck if you decide to start taking it a bit more seriously anyhow. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

joost said:
Not at all, would love to get into that sort of thing myself. Was (and still am s'pose) musical myself but got bored before I left school.

Well surely if I can get back into it you might too sometime?

Good luck if you decide to start taking it a bit more seriously anyhow. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Cheers fella! :beerchug:

Regards,

Rob.

Nay probs matey.

FactionOne said:
Well surely if I can get back into it you might too sometime?

Possibly, ya never know. Keep getting badgered about it by one of my cousins, just keep tellin him to **** off and leave me alone!!

my favorites would be-

olive. your not alone.
faithless. innsomnia.
n trance. set you free.
robert miles. children.
e'voke arms of loren
narcotic thrust. i like it.
sash. misterious times.
watergate. heart of ****
gala. freed from desire.
snap. the power.
baby d. let me be your fantasy.
bbe. 7 days and 1 week.
living joy. dreamer.

oh - where do i stop!! i'l be digging these out for the cd changer now!

Faithless - Insomnia(the full version)
Alison Limerick- where love lives
Candy love- you got the love or look
not on the bose system in my car though as its s--e

LFO by LFO, Another bass head classic.

Anyone remember Tricky disco????

Tim Stuart said:
You Got The Love - Source ft. Candi Staton
One of my favourite tunes of all time, let alone one of my favourite dance tunes.

I think most of you have already listed most of my faves like Insomnia, Anthem and Pacific State. The only one I can think to add at the moment is Little Fluffy Clouds, what a groundbreaker!

smitch said:
LFO by LFO, Another bass head classic.

Love the b line on this tune... suprised no one has shown any love for shut up n dance and the ragga twins :(

There's just so much good dance music from the early 90's it was just evolving the whole time and there are so many anthems which are still club bangers today and would sound just as fresh dropped in a club now as they did back in 92.

Music, i f*cking live for it! Just talking about my raving days and people posting up all the names of these classic tunes is making me smile as i type. Just surprised there are so many veterans of the rave scene on this forum.

(And that we actually remember some of it!:jump: )

:salute:

as.net blub of the year?

brought a tear to my eye.. it really did
:blownose:

Love, peace and harmony brother!!!!

:music:

Well, that's the way it was when i was all loved up! :arco:

happy happy days people,

still have the classic 808 state and PNG tracks on almost every disc I burn and on the SD card in the car now, just love those tunes,

those and some of The beloved and Orb tracks still get me all goose pimply when I listen too them, the sound and the memories, jesus I sound OLD

Praga Khan, injected with a poison, good call, I loved that track, had almost forgotten it, will dig that one out tonight,

I remember sneaking out of my boarding school down in Dorset on weekends to travel up to London, Luton, MK, and got into some quality raves and the local ones in Bournemouth around 88-90 ish, had a 20ft aerial attached to the drainpipe outside my study so I could pick up KISS, can't comment on other mods to make the confinement bareable...

da3m said:
, some of The beloved and Orb tracks still get me all goose pimply when I listen too them, .

The Beloved- Sun rising is a proper tune, dug out their Blissed out album the other day, i found it while looking for another CD and it's been in the multichanger in the car since. :thumbsup:

da3m said:
I remember sneaking out of my boarding school down in Dorset on weekends to travel up to London, Luton, MK, and got into some quality raves
So it was you that started the Marsh Farm riot then was it :aggressive: :haha:

Castle morton, now we're talking!!!

Set you free - n-trance
no good start the dance - the prodigy

it would seem all the house and rave heads went out and bought Audi's later in life...

Umm howzabout adding

Everybody in the Place - The Prodigy
JFK - Whiplash
Chicane - Saltwater
Hybrid - Finished Symphony

The Hybrid is my fave piece of electronica of all time! If you've never heard it, download it today!!

nivagh said:
Hybrid - Finished Symphony

The Hybrid is my fave piece of electronica of all time! If you've never heard it, download it today!!

Amen to that. I was trying to avoid more contemporary stuff (I know it's a few years old now but compared to some of the stuff that's been mentioned... (and doesn't that make you feel old!)) as I really would be here all night; but I'm 110% with you; Finished Symphony has got to be my absolute favourite track. The live version on Live Angle is simply awesome; and there's a particularly good PA version on an MOS session I have somewhere; but I think over almost all the renditions out there, the soundtrack edit really stands out (pretty much pure strings - Top Gear used it on the Veyron review and one or two other occassions).

*goes to dig out his copy*

Regards,

Rob.

What a thread...brings back amazing memories....

Like freezing my nuts off in a big tent, in a field, miles from nowhere...raving!
And wondering what the fasination with paper suits, white gloves, dust masks and lightsticks was all about.
Oh yeah...! Happy days...

Who remembers 'Higher Ground' by Sasha?
I love that track.

So many of the great tracks listed above have been released several times...it's hard to remember when was the first time. Good stuff though.

da3m said:
those and some of The beloved and Orb tracks still get me all goose pimply when I listen too them, the sound and the memories, jesus I sound OLD

Little Fluffy Clouds, being one such Orb track...
Still magic after all these years.

Oh good thread!!!!

I'm not really into the ragga stuff, some good tunes been mentioned and some pure crap commercial pish.

Candi staton is good but get the original (which it rips off)
frankie Knuckles - your love!!!!
TTF - Real Love
Utah Saints - What can you do for me
K-Klass - Rhythm is a mystery
Shades of Rhythm - Sound of Eden
Blue Pearl - Naked in the rain
Human Resource - Dominator
Usura - Open your mind
Outlander - Vamp
Cubic 22 - Night in motion
Toghether - Hardcore Uproar
LA Stlye - James brown is dead
DJPC - Insomniac
Westbam - Mayday
Transformer - 2 Pacific Symphony
Fierce Ruling Diva - Rubb It In
Cybersonik - Technarchy
GTO - Listen To The Rhythm Flow
D-Shake - Technotrance
The B-Sides. - The Tape
Armando - 100% Of Disin' You
Homeboy & the hippy - Total Confusion

Slam - Eterna (has anyone heard of this)

I could go on for ever, makes me wanna get the decks out and the vinyl out the loft.

Gotta say, over time I've come round to thinking that even the crap commercial pish has it's place. I'm more of the 'if my foot's tapping that's the only box that needs a tick' viewpoint nowadays, whereas in my past I was almost militant in my views towards certain elements of music.

Fantastic selection all the same though! :)

Regards,

Rob.

Just some more to add to the list

Everybody all over the world-FPI Project
No good start the dance- The Prodigy
Ride on time- Black Box
Good Life- Inner City
Unfinished Sympathy-Massive Attack
Musics sounds better with you-Stardust
Loaded- Primal Scream
Superstylin'-Groove Armada
Silence-Delerium

You should give www.westfm.co.uk a listen to ona friday night from 6 - 10 you get tunes from way back to up to date, but i think the last friday of the month is always old skool all night, some real classics played.:jump:

As you dance is alot more commercial nowadays whereas back then it was all very underground.

Biglockie said:
Difficult question,

Hmmm

I'm from the oakenfold era at cream then sasha, to many favourites to list if i had to it would

spooky - little bullet
CJ Bolland - the prophet
Liquid Child - Diving Faces
Sasha and emerson - expander

too many to list really:rockwoot:

it was only sasha who produced xpander. the tune he did with darren emerson was schorchio.

Irnbrukid said:
Utah Saints - What can you do for me
Utah Saints! I'd totally forgotten them. My fave track of their was Something Good, what a banger!

Great thread, but you're all giving your ages away ;) Shame I'm at work, I need to get into the loft and rummage for my old CD's..

People hold on - Coldcut and Lisa Stansfield

Keep em comin'

I know it's not old skool, but how about Rui Da Silva - Touch Me.

Top Drawer and no mistake

I have about £12K worth of Vinyl and own the following that I see as classics

Lil Loui - French Kiss
Full Intention - America (I love America)
Joe Smooth - Promised Land
Undrworld - Cowgirl -Bedrock & Future Shock remixes
Freefall Feat Jan Johnston - Skydive
Sasha - Xpander
Sasha & Emerson - Scorchio
Mory Kante - YEKE YEKE
M People - Colour My Love

Some off the wall that went down a treat as last records ;)

Silver Bullet - 20 Seconds
Man to Man meets Man Parish - Male Stripper
The Movement - Jump
T Zant - Hot and Wet

and being a big Hooj Choon fan from what I mainly played when I was a DJ (sorry about the caps copied form my track list)

SALT TANK - DIMENSION
TILT - INVISIBLE
THREE DRIVES (ON A VINYL) - GREECE 2000
BILLY HENDRIX - BODY SHINE EP
CM - DREAM UNIVERSE
JARK PRONGO - MOVIN' THRU YOUR SYSTEM
SPACE MANOEUVRES - STAGE ONE
LOST TRIBE - GAMEMASTER
LUSTRAL - EVERYTIME
TRANCESETTERS - ROACHES
PETER LAZONBY - SACRED CYCLES

I could go on for ever...

There are so many classics but it depends on what Genre you liked as to what you see as classics :)

ashs3 said:
Freefall Feat Jan Johnston - Skydive
Sasha - Xpander
Mory Kante - YEKE YEKE
TILT - INVISIBLE
THREE DRIVES (ON A VINYL) - GREECE 2000
SPACE MANOEUVRES - STAGE ONE
LUSTRAL - EVERYTIME
PETER LAZONBY - SACRED CYCLES

I'm comin' back up.........:salute:

Yeah those Hooj Choon tracks and many more used to amke up most of my 2hr sets, good old days :)

My sets were all about journey's, start low and end high!

Tim Stuart said:
Sweet Harmony - Liquid
TUNE!!! One of my all-time faves.

I'd add Faithless' Insomnia as well, plus Jamiroquai's Space Cowboy Classic Club edit. But some great selections guys, well impressed!

aye shamen move any mountain thought that tune was exelent when it was released, used to workout to it, began delving into all old cds an tapes after reading this thread, makes me feel young again , yoo hoooo:rockwoot: :beerchug: :arco: