Tail pipes.

Yes mate your turn!

..But no, no noise benefit whatsoever.

*Edit*

From Rob's comment, I dont see how the very TIP of an exhaust will make any noticeable difference.
sorry but proven in test's a while back, larger bore outlets do change the tone of gas being forced out, it's nothing to do with the back boxes either, and the decibels don't increase but the tone does change, the larger the outlet dia is the deeper the tone becomes....also ask any one who plays a wind instrument properly how the sound changes with different size outlets to instruments, I hate to be a stick in the mud , but it's been proven chap....nothing personal...just updating things...
come down and listen to mine then if you don't believe, way deeper than the stock outlets, and my system is fine with no blows etc either.

Reactions: DrStrange
yeh if its only a tip that go's over the existing exhaust it wont change the sound
but its not just sliding over tony, mine is welded at the back box so its a larger diameter tube altogether, there is a defined difference between just sticking a chrome tip on the end of a 4inch long piece of tube and replace the tube with a larger one at the point of exit from the back box, maybe that's where people are getting confused.

I suspect that the diesels wont sound much different , petrols deffo do if you have pretty replaced the exsisting tubing with a larger dia & longer tip, if you hacked of your oem tubeing outlet at pretty well the back box leaving a small stub to weld onto and replaced it with a larger bore item which is also the same length as the bit you cut of , it's not really a tip anymore is it, it is effectively a whole new outlet pipe which just happens to be a nicer item aswell.
that's it for me on the subject frankly, if you don't believe , do a sound recording before and after ....
curtains!

for all you non believers, workout your pipe sizing old and new then do the maths....
Airflow1

but its not just sliding over tony, mine is welded at the back box so its a larger diameter tube altogether, there is a defined difference between just sticking a chrome tip on the end of a 4inch long piece of tube and replace the tube with a larger one at the point of exit from the back box, maybe that's where people are getting confused.

never said yours was either Rob mate, but regardless if it welded or not any change to sound will be minute, ram the maths up your **** mate i cant be bothered with all that "in theory maths ********", i can understand that yours may sound a tad different but on the hole i dont think any normal person is going to be able to tell the physical change in sound mate sorry

Just fitted my tail pipes, looks a lot better! Cheers for the advice

Also it does sound slightly different, less 'raspy' is how I'd put it.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Just done mine too, A4 170 brd, put the 90mm chrome ones on off them dudes in Cyprus look nice but make no difference to the sound whatsoever...

i don't think the tone does change on diesels, moreso on petrol engine, well that's my car anyway.

this just go's to show then the maths is useless, how can it be it only works for petrols ? this is what i'm saying. both engine's (petrol/diesel) create certain noise so that must mean they would both have a sound change if the maths Rob mentioned was right, i understand the theory but how many times do you hear "i don't understand it, in theory it should of worked", in reality it wouldn't make any noticeable difference, how many times did anyone with new tips sit there revving the car to listen to the sound before they were on,

my maths say,

new exhaust tips, (+) original exhaust, (x) by engine running, (=) the same sound, just nobody really took much notice of what it sounded like to begin with lmao

not being argumentative just can't see it myself sorry, i've got a modded full miltek exhaust, down pipe and decat on my car so i know how the sounds changed on it along the way from standard, to just the miltek to now with the modded miltek, any before and after sound clips with just tips that prove the sound changes i'll gladly accept and eat my words cheers.

Reactions: carlcall
i think we should agree to disagree tony...lol , i'm still right though..haha , maybe its because mine is a "special edition " tony....and you know what they are like...
time for a long cool drink then..

Reactions: tony mc
Aye that's right a Spec Ed for a SPECIAL PERSON

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrStrange, Sean_, Dani_B19 and 1 other person
now that's just being.....spot on ..lol, really carl that's a bit harsh chap...I'm not that bad.....really i'm not.