12000k hid's

rodenal

Reaction score
Just a quick one, i have the chance to buy a 12000k hid conversion chip very cheaply and wondered whether you guys know what kind of difference there is with the higher temp bulbs?

I know they give out less light than say the 4300k xenons, but will they still be a big improvement over my halogens, as they are basically terrible.

Going into projectors, and i know they're purpleishy which im not a huge fan of, but im being offered this kit at a stupid price.

whats stopping you replace the bulbs once installed?

Well replacing the bulbs defeats the purpose as a new set wouuld be 60 minimum, would they really be purple??

yeah they really would be purple! ive got 10k ones and they are so blue its crazy! ive had people stop me in the day when they have been on and ask where i got my lights from as they are bright blue even in the day light.

12k might be a bit high...

colors.gif

Ive seen 12k and its far too purple!

Perfect is 6000k and if you want a slight hint of blue get the 8000k anny higher and your talking 10,000 k is very blue and 12k is deep purple.

Jason

rodenal said:
Going into projectors, and i know they're purpleishy which im not a huge fan of, but im being offered this kit at a stupid price.
Stupid price = ?

I think 8k at a push is about right, 6k for optimum blue look and visibility, but believe me these bulbs 5k plus are not good in the fog conditions, be aware!