Front end painted after damage.

C

Cornish John

My A3 was keyed back last month while working away, wings, bonnet, front bumper, back bumper and grill smashed.

The car was painted by Fix Auto of Weston super mare, I bought a used second hand grill from this site, not the same as original.

The last thing to change was the used grill, car was painted last week. Grill was changed today.

What do you think?

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 129
No one I know of!
I was working away, five cars in a line got hit!!

We had a keying problem over a period of 4 years locally and was only if a car was parked opposite one particular house. Several neighbours had their cars keyed and wild suspicions on who it could be. A new neighbour moved in last year and happened to be a detective with the Essex Police, some of us neighbours were having a chat about the latest keying attack and our new detective friend offered to help, a day or two later cameras were fitted to his house and in a couple of neighbours cars.
Two weeks later after another keying attack the culprit was identified and surprisingly it was the 70 year old neighbour who lived right opposite where the keyed cars were parked. He was brought before the Magistrates and a few of us neighbours went to watch proceedings. His mitigation was a bit weak, he didn't like cars apart from his own parked outside his house. He was bound over for 2 years had to pay costs for latest keying victim to have his car re painted.
The other neighbours and my daughter with key damage then tried in the small claims court to claim for past damage to their cars but as there was only circumstantial evidence the claim failed. A few days later the Jaguar XF owned by the 70 year old perpetrator of the keying instances was nicely decorated overnight with a few slogans painted on every panel of his car, no keying though. Also no talks to him anymore, he is now referred to locally as the 'Old Key Technician' but his wife is very nice and we still speak to her.