Rear Gearbox Mounts.....

carlcall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Long story short.....but since replacing the front snub mount for a Powerflex one the car idles brilliantly with no vibrations carried over to the chassis or cabin. But now it seems that my rear gearbox mount is suffering with old age and needs replacing as I can feel the play in it under hard acceleration.

I phoned TPS and they wanted £60 for one but it comes with the upper metal mount also that IMHO isn't really needed as the one that's on the car is still in perfect working order.

I have searched the interweb and some people have ordered some aftermarket ones that have come with the incorrect upper mount....so have just swapped over the old upper mount in place of the new one and it's worked fine.

My question is this....I have found different variants of Lemfroder ones but for various engines (Just the rubber mounts) but I was wondering if all that's different between them is that maybe the the rubber for a 1.6 will be different to that of say a 3.2.

So is the metal part with the mounting bolts and the metal sleeve in the centre the bush the same size across the range and as I have said above just the rubber being a different hardness. All the non branded ones seem to fit every model going but they are cheap for a reason.

s-l500.jpg

As these come in at nearly half the price of the OEM because it hasn't got the additional bracket on I feel that this would make more sense.

is the bung a push fit or is it more of a bonded fit carl, sometimes its one piece as the rubber bush is bonded in the metal bracket, not having had a good old snoop at one it hard to say really.

No it's all one unit as above Rob....the additional bracket looks similar to this on top

9b401e6d2d996a38cfc03951085d6afe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

034 Motorsport do solid/stiffer one's if you can find them, is yours a 5 or 6 speed?

034 Motorsport do solid/stiffer one's if you can find them, is yours a 5 or 6 speed?

I know Jake I did see them but even the Street Density is supposed to rattle like mad on an oil burner......and £90 is a lot just to lose all my fillings lol.

I'll just take a punt on one of the above Lemforder mounts.

Oh and it's a six speed.

Reactions: DieselJake