Window Tint Spec

firebits

A4 Avant Sport 1.4 TFSI
Reaction score
I am getting the rear Windows tinted next week but I don't have a clue what I'm asking for tbh. What would match the OEM Tinted Glass?

I'd be interested in knowing what would match the OEM tints as this has been a mod that's crossed my mind recently

www.pssc.co.uk have a very handy shade simulator to give you an idea as to what the different level of tint look like.

Reactions: firebits
Okay, so the answer is 20%, however there was damage to exterior trim from the heat gun on both sides of the rear window and the surround of the door window is misshaped internally. The trim looks like it is hanging down to the left in my rear view mirror. I have checked and the clips are in place, the heat gun has buckled it.

Attachments

• Tints1a.png
    Tints1a.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,662
  • Tints2.png
    Tints2.png
    1 MB · Views: 348
That's not good at all! Presumably they noticed this when they did the work and have offered to sort it?

That's not good at all! Presumably they noticed this when they did the work and have offered to sort it?

They noticed the exterior trim but not the internal trim. They say that they have ordered replacement parts which should arrive today, but I am yet to hear anything.

Internal trim is ok, had another look at it. One of the middle clips had came off and was lying on it's side.

Reactions: mjcourtney