Help with Fault Codes?

Grey Goose

Reaction score
I've recently purchased an S3 that I have subsequently found has had an RNS - E retrofitted, or at least that's what I understand from the below fault codes from an Snap On Modis Ultra.

I have had problems with the sat nav initialisation and the unit not storing track memory of played discs ...etc.

Can someone have a look at the pic and advise please..?

Attachments

• IMG_0826.JPG
    IMG_0826.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 111
Can anyone help with above 3 faults relating to the RNS-E please?

I'm getting information overload from reading so many threads I think may be related both on the forums and through googling?

The bottom fault code has been resolved as I've just replaced the drivers door locking mechanism, and a new regulator assembly ( thought I would change the regulator, as the door was in bits anyway ).. Audi dealer parts £ 278 ..:wtf:

check the used parts, anyway some better photo or go to someone with vcds near you? zf ground antenna is an usual fault that was explained in some post here coding pin no signal - witch if there is nothing on photo? - but probably related to bad coding of radio throwing R118 (id of radio) code.

Reactions: Grey Goose
check the used parts, anyway some better photo or go to someone with vcds near you? zf ground antenna is an usual fault that was explained in some post here coding pin no signal - witch if there is nothing on photo? - but probably related to bad coding of radio throwing R118 (id of radio) code.

Thanks for the reply, I need to replace the rear antenna amps are per the thread quoted, but i'm confused as to what I need coding wise, what coding do I need?, as the unit functions perfect apart from the original faults I listed above.

Is there anything I can do myself without the need for vcds?

you can do the physical part (mounting them) but you will need coding, check vcds map for someone near you.

Marek,

Once the coding issue is sorted, will this allow me to install my 2017 navigation disc?

Thanks

TBH don't know if it's related, anyway nav disc should update it w/o problems (unless not original one etc..). Check for someone that actually done it here, search on forum, like the steps to update, in case u got any error codes during the instalation?