Haudi93

Reaction score
I have bought and installed the Dynavin N6-A3 head unit for my car.

I love it and does everything I need it to. I am now looking at buying the DAB USB extension for the unit to enable it to receive Digital Radio.

However, I absolutely HATE the glass mounted Antenna that they come with, the look awful! I also dont want to add another roof aerial so I was wondering if it is possible to use the following extensions and use my standard Audi roof aerial. Does anybody know if this would work?

Upload 2017 4 16 14 58 29

Amazon product

Amazon product

Amazon product

Any advice appreciated. :

I have bought and installed the Dynavin N6-A3 head unit for my car.

I love it and does everything I need it to. I am now looking at buying the DAB USB extension for the unit to enable it to receive Digital Radio.

However, I absolutely HATE the glass mounted Antenna that they come with, the look awful! I also dont want to add another roof aerial so I was wondering if it is possible to use the following extensions and use my standard Audi roof aerial. Does anybody know if this would work?

View attachment 122638
Amazon product

Amazon product

Amazon product

Any advice appreciated. :

No that option will not work. Your car antenna has an am/fm amplifier attached to it which doesn't support DAB so that's why it'll not work.
I have an android unit with DAB and a glass mount antenna and the signal is quite good and now it's been there a while you don't really notice the glass mount antenna. I've put it up in the top left corner of the windscreen .

As above, you need the dedicated dab aerial , they're trimmed specifically to pick up the correct wavelength for dab reception. The only option that may work is fitting the aerial between the glovebox and dash top ( it's where I fitted my sat nav aerial) so the signals have less resistance with just vinyl and glass windscreen blocking the radio signal. If you don' t get satisfactory reception then it will have to be roof mounted.

Haudi93 - obviously some time has passed since you posted this, but I am now looking at an aftermarket head unit and like you hate the glass aerials. What was your solution? Does anyone's know how the current models house their aerials?