2dr rear window replacement?

antwan64og

Reaction score
Has anyone done 2dr rear window replacement?

Some helpful person decided to try pry one of my rear windows open and it shattered. It's currently held in place by my awful DIY window tint :whistle2:

Once you undo the torx on the opening handle does the window just slide out from the B-pillar.

The scrap yard are refusing to fit the window for me as they claim that they frequently get smashed trying to get them back in. This should be fun

It's held like this for 150miles but I know I'm on borrowed time never mind getting pulled by the popo

B9367998-3E8D-4D92-A4E9-C4E28D54C2F9_zpsxmh8h7zv.jpg

Taken from the Haynes A3 8L manual...

3 door side window removal

1. Remove rear seat cushion and backrest
2. Remove the rear side trim
3. Unscrew the bolts securing the side window hinge to the C-pillar
4. At the lower front corner of the window,drill out the rivet securing the window frame to the C-pillar
5. Unscrew the nut and remove the side window from the car.

Refitting is a reversal of removal.

Haven't done this myself so can't say if this proceedure is the best way to do it,did find this using the search function on here...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-do-you-remove-the-rear-side-window.108917/

hth

I've never actually looked at how to remove the rear windows!

Probably should at some point seeing as I was thinking of making some perspex replacements.

let us know how you get on Ant.

I ripped the b-pillar cover off before and it looks straight forward(ish), I'll try do it in the morning and take some pics

It wasn't too bad, there was lots of bloods but glass shards were everywhere

Pull off the upper interior B pillar cover, theres 2 phillips screws holding the lower part but you can rip it straight off if you dont care
Undo the 2 x 10mm nuts

There's just a torx screw holding the opening hinge to the window to undo.

Pull back front door seal exposing 3 rivets

C3D7E008-E3B9-4011-9998-A8FC73223CA2_zps1mutxrwk.jpg

Drill the 3 rivets out and pull the cover off exposing this

3AADB886-E898-456C-99C2-7959A00B6E43_zpslsep6x7d.jpg

Drill out these 2 exposed rivets.

Remove window, fitting replacement is the reverse just remember to clip the external B pillar cover to the window before putting the 3 rivets in or you have to drill them out and do it again....