Vibrating front end whilst feathering the throttle on the motorway

leecool

Reaction score
Hi there guys, I have a strange one here!
Yesterday I drove to London from S Wales & I noticed that when I was at around the 69-72mph I had a strange sort on vibrating/fluttering sensation, a bit like that sound when you open just the rear windows on your car on the motorway, it's coming through the throttle pedal & floor!
Now whilst accelerating it's not there nor on the over-run, just when I feather the throttle to keep it around 70mph. It felt perhaps like a misfire but why would it stop on slightly harder acceleration? Could it be a CV joint or wheel bearing, I don't know? It did get a little worse on the return journey.
Hopefully the knowledge of other members could help & it would be appreciated greatly!!
thanks guys!!

I forgot to mention that I have a 2007 8p dsg 2.0 tdi 140 bkd. Have had a new DMFW 4 years ago & have had the dsg serviced 3 years ago.

Wouldn't be the wheels being slightly out of balance on the front? I've had this before only under acceleration after getting new tyres, got the wheels rebalanced and fine since.

I wouldn't have thought it's tyre related as it would shake on the over run when I throttled off a little, it doesn't do this, only when lightly touching the accelerator to maintain speed & not through normal acceleration.
I know plenty about cars n that as I've worked on them for years but this is weird!!
cheers for the reply, just you and me on here today lol.

normally on highest mph are the alignment related vibrations, and on lowest tie rods (that been told to me when I was checking my alignment)