ESC, Hill hold, TPMS, Headlight leveling faults at engine start the cause..

larbel

Reaction score
I've been having these faults randomly the past couple of months, they come and go and most of the time would go away after driving for a little bit. And it's happening more and more lately, checked battery voltage and everything, went to dealer, and they said it's fine after giving the battery a little charge..

So finally after getting the car back from the dealer, the next day these faults happened again and this time wouldn't go away no matter what... Plugged in my OBD11 and 16 fault codes.. Most of them are inaccurate data received in the module, but one mechanical failure logged with left rear ABS speed sensor, had it replaced and now everything is fixed. It's surprising how one sensor could lead to all these fault codes, but that's what exactly happened here, I guess the ABS speed sensor was on the way out and finally died and that's why dealer didn't log the mechanical fault before it died.

Anyway, just a for the record post.

I've been having these faults randomly the past couple of months, they come and go and most of the time would go away after driving for a little bit. And it's happening more and more lately, checked battery voltage and everything, went to dealer, and they said it's fine after giving the battery a little charge..

So finally after getting the car back from the dealer, the next day these faults happened again and this time wouldn't go away no matter what... Plugged in my OBD11 and 16 fault codes.. Most of them are inaccurate data received in the module, but one mechanical failure logged with left rear ABS speed sensor, had it replaced and now everything is fixed. It's surprising how one sensor could lead to all these fault codes, but that's what exactly happened here, I guess the ABS speed sensor was on the way out and finally died and that's why dealer didn't log the mechanical fault before it died.

Anyway, just a for the record post.

Glad you found it mate. How or why the dealer didn't is a bit of a joke. Sometimes I wonder if they even look at it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk