Making a Damage Claim from NCP

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hello All

Well I had the misfortune to use an NCO Car Park the other day.

As I went to leave the only exit in the car park , I noticed that the exit was too narrow for my car and flanked by huge kerbs. I witnessed 2 cars before mine, struggle to get out and both kerbing their wheels in the process. Low and be hold that when I attempted it, my alloys were kerbed as well!

Brand new unblemished 19" RS wheels ruined!! I'm raging.

I'm now going to have to claim from NCP. Has anybody had any experience of claiming from them?

I still can't believe they would make a car park exit too narrow for modern cars!!!!

Good look with that. I hope you manage to get some money out of them and it may encourage them to do something about the size of parking spaces/ access on modern multi storeys that still seemed to be designed for 1970's cars. They usually have a kerb system and barrier at the entrance to limit the width / height of vechicles going into the car park in the first place. They will probably say that any car able to enter should be able to get out.
However if you enter driving straight ahead and when it comes to getting out you have to negotiate a tight curved exit with high kerbs a longer car is more likely to suffer issues.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, martin1984, DieselJake and 1 other person
Yes very true. The size of parking spaces is ridiculous.

The entry point for the car park didn't have any kerbs so there was no issue there. But there was absolutely no need to have narrow kerbs at the exit point.