Facelift New car - Rear mats not fitted properly?

maninthestreet

Reaction score
Took delivery of my new A3 saloon last week, just noticed yesterday evening that the rear mats don't fit properly. It looks like the locating 'pegs' in the carpet have been fitted about an inch closer to the door than they should, so the outermost edge of the mat 'rides up' noticeably on to the raised bit of the floor that the seat runners are mounted on. Anyone else had a similar problem?

Have you tried swapping them from one side to the other because there not the same on both sides?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark_86
I know on the mats in my S3, underneath them, there is a sticker and it's marked L & R because they look quite similar.

Mine were fitted the wrong way round when I picked up the car

they have a letter and logo underneath saying what side they are for.

Whoever fitted mine didnt know their left or right

I accidentally ordered what i guess are Sportback mats when mine is a Hatch! Front are the same and the rear are exactly as you describe. The fixing holes don't line up and mats are bigger than the footwell so ride up. Changing around doesn't make them fit. Never got round to sorting it as i bought them off the net but if its a new car i would be ringing them up. My money is on them putting in the wrong mats.

Lenny was right - I've swapped the mats around and now they fit perfectly.

Reactions: lenny151 and Ormesome