Is it a sunblind or dog guard?

Marc Harding

Reaction score
Hi - I've had a 2013 B8 facelift Avant for a few months now, I'm new to Audi... and it came with bar-mounted pull-up blind that looks like it could be a combination of sunblind and dog guard, secondary to the parcel shelf. Is that what it is? I took it out, as the car has been in van mode a lot. I'm not sure that I really need it.

Any comments welcome. Thx.

Reactions: gray99y
I use it as a dog guard, and you can move it further up your car too.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

It's to stop stuff in the boot flying forward and smacking you in the back of the head when you're on your way to the tip and need to brake suddenly!!
It also stops dogs from doing the same!

Reactions: cyhliu and Keef
If its a dog guard then its only to stop the dog from jumping through.
In a crash (30mph or above) it would be completely pointless - the engergy involved would far exceed its flimsy design.

I used it as a bit of a sun blind before i got my windows tinted, now its a friend for my parcel shelf at the back of the garage !

wouldnt stop my dogs one little bit

It's to stop stuff in the boot flying forward and smacking you in the back of the head when you're on your way to the tip and need to brake suddenly!!
It also stops dogs from doing the same!

Can I just clarify that my comment above about the dogs (my 2 weigh around 35kgs each) was my attempt of a joke, I actually used to put the kids in the boot while the dogs were belted up in the back seat.

I have now sold the S4 so don't have this option!

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro, rizzini7 and Chop.
I always take it out as it gets in the way of boxes in the bot and is one more thing to remove when folding the seats down