Its cold, wet and just naff weather , so looking for something special.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Not really B7 subject matter but something just as interesting , well for me ...lol
Since mother nature is going backwards again and may summer weather seams to be a million miles away at the moment, I've been on the lookout for a decent two wheeler again, quite fancy something a bit different now , ( must be an old bloke thing) .
After some webby snooping came across this wee beasty......not sure why but I find it very appealing to be honest, most likely to be stupid money , but would still really love one.
CBX1000 based ...
Honda CBX Caferacer 004

Reactions: Baka, martin1984, Sandra and 1 other person
That's nice Rob. Have you seen the latest Triumph bike. The Bobber. Saw it at the new showroom, really liked the look.

Reactions: THQuattro
Not seen that yet Sandra......i'll have to have a look on the webby and check it out.....never used to be into this type of bike but they seem to be growing on me more as I've got older, and certainly none the wiser..lol

buy mine Rob, two bikes in one 9000 miles on the clock lol,

Hgch

Reactions: martin1984, Charlie Farley and Sandra
that's a bit tasty tony, very tempted .....can you do it in red though...that would be perfect then.

Reactions: tony mc
That is stunning. What year is the blade then buddy?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
its a 97 on R reg and the miles are genuine, dare say its a one off, as i've not seen one the same in 7/8 years of owning it, there a a few with similar paint but not like mine.

do you take it out much tony...looks really mint, not a dirt spec to be seen.

do you take it out much tony...looks really mint, not a dirt spec to be seen.

just been thinking of getting it back out mate, still feels brand new lol, i've probably put 2500 miles on it in 7 years Rob, picked it up with 6000 is miles on, gets more attention to make sure it ok in storage than out else, it is getting left out due to other interest's, it is clean but its also 20 years old so there is a bit of paint cracking around the bolt holes on the side fairing and a bit of rash behind the front wheel but that's about it,

it's in idiot mode still at the moment (fightered) but all plastics are wrapped and stored away with all the oem parts, every nut, bolt and clip

its a nice bike tony, you need to do it some justice and take it out regulary and enjoy it mate...

Yep, i think i'll put it on the road, could do with keeping my riding up to scratch as well, might have to put the stabilizers on for a bit lol

Reactions: Charlie Farley
go for it tony....i'm hoping to take a week off work during the summer and do some riding through rural france into Germany with a good friend who has some great bikes too, I'm not sure riding an SPS is ideal really , its going to kill my back but the riding on those country roads should be awesome , should really suit the v-twin...

That is very nice. Cleaned mine up ready for a blast soon....

Attachments

• 20150119_124528.jpg
    20150119_124528.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
Reactions: Sandra, Charlie Farley and tony mc
very nice mate, one of the bikes i've never ridden a triumph, will get a go one one day,

That is very nice. Cleaned mine up ready for a blast soon....
My son has that inly his is in blue. Not sure of exact colour but along the lines of sepang shade.

Reactions: DieselJake
I'd love a big bike, got a CBR 125 which I used to commute to work with (I live/work in the city so it was perfect for rush hour traffic), if I got another one it would have to be something with bigger tyres and ABS (bigger engine probably too although probably just a 250/300) as mine loved to slip out at the first sight of rain despite having good tyres, tracking and all that jazz.

Blame it on the rider if you like but I swear the bike was a death trap!

so many great bikes, so many choices........and then my wife comes out with , what about one of these rob, and she knows I have a real passion for dukes....I replied to her, i'd love one dear but are you going to find the Wonga for it...i'd have to sell all my other bikes and my soul to the devil first, but never say never...
Dd4

Last edited:
Reactions: tony mc