Deep Sea Blue ? What do you reckon?

_Steve

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
I've stayed away from this colour on the configurator, because it looked a bit grey, but after searching the net i've found a couple of good sites for photos of audi's (why Audi can't host decent photos of thier own cars on thier website i'll never know) :)

Here's the configurator colour:
zie4zm.jpg

Here's the car colour on a real car:
02711251a.jpg

02881926.jpg

02881926a.jpg

02908483a.jpg

looks almost black, and in some lights purple? but as an alternative to phantom black pearl i think it will be a nice choice. What do you think?

The car's going to be a TFSi S-Line Quattro Special Edition Avant with only one optional extra (Colour DIS) as i'm out of budget if i put any more options on :) I'd rather have quattro than 2WD and more toys, espcially as i think at the end of the company car period it would be a nice avant to buy, and then get a chip and miltek, and take it near to 300 bhp with Quattro :) Mmmm :)

and here's a photo just to put my mind at rest about the current fitting of double-din concerts to A4's: :)
02813648b.jpg

_Steve said:

...is it just me or does the "double din" centre console not look as cohesive as the "single din" on the A4.. looks kind of like it was designed to fit the single din and then they had to move the climate control (imo too low down) to fit the double din head unit...:think:
A4_S-Line_S-Wheel.jpg

I agree the colours on the Audi website configurator are really poor. I have been using their used car section to get good images.

thanks chaps :)

I like black too, but only when its 100% clean, which for me is tricky to keep up to, the deep sea blue looks like it will be just as bad to keep clean, but i liked the photo of it because when it is clean it looks a little bit different.

I looked round Leeds audi today, and they had the moro blue in stock on second hand cars, but no deep sea blue, and the blue looked more blue than black IYSWIM, where the deep sea blue is more black than blue.

There was a Mauritius Blue avant waiting to be collected in the handover area, and it looked really nice, reminded me a little of the sprint blue S4 colour, but with a bit of depth to the metallic.

I suppose the decision is not down to colour, its down to how much time i'm willing to put into keeping the car clean, which is where a grey or light blue colour would be better than dark blue or black.

Whats the current grey for the B7 - there are silver, dolphin grey & lava grey, however in addition to those the configurator has listed QUARTZ GREY, whilst the brochure lists AVUS SILVER. Which of the latter two are current?

Wish i had the guts to order Ibis white or Misano red :)