AUX input, possibilities audi concert 2007

lloyd.123

Reaction score
My 2007 a3 has no aux input or bluetooth nor in the glove box, its an Audi concert 2007.
what can i do or change in order to connect my phone for music. thanks advanced.
WhatsApp Image 2017 04 23 at 190642

you might want to look at a different head unit ( double din ) as thread are heaps off good ones going about going by the lads on here . there is a thread kicking about worth having a look for as full off good info

connects2, xtrons, dension, all do a little add-on kit for oem stereos, they're the easiest and probably cheapest way to add aux-in to a standard head unit

I have a connects2, ironically the Aux-in is the only bit I've never used on it (as it also has SD and USB, for about £60)

That head unit supports auxin already, so you need a quadlock auxin lead, if you were in UK I could maybe have supplied/fitted one, no need for the amplified/powered type by connects2 etc.

you might want to look at a different head unit ( double din ) as thread are heaps off good ones going about going by the lads on here . there is a thread kicking about worth having a look for as full off good info
hi, thanks for the reply, what is the double din i need though? if you have any links for a different head unit that would be great!

your is double din: din is size that can be single or double, single is any standard radio that you see everywhere eg. concert II (or aftermarket like sony cdx-g1200u etcc...) double din is size of more or less 2 of that radios stacked vertically. eg. your one (or eg. aftermarket sony GT90bt) on top of a3 forum is thread about ones that use android.

i have the same stereo as you. I made my own lead from a 3.5mm jack cable and using instructions online as to which pins it needed to be connected to. You will also need to use VAGCOM to switch the aux option on if not already done so. (double press the cd button to see if it selects AUX)

i have the same stereo as you. I made my own lead from a 3.5mm jack cable and using instructions online as to which pins it needed to be connected to. You will also need to use VAGCOM to switch the aux option on if not already done so. (double press the cd button to see if it selects AUX)
nice, what will i need in order to install it, do you have any links? cheers

blue pconnector to cd changer 3 wire cable (shielded better at least 1,5m) 3.5mm jack female socket to solder.

That head unit supports auxin already, so you need a quadlock auxin lead, if you were in UK I could maybe have supplied/fitted one, no need for the amplified/powered type by connects2 etc.

I'm having the same issue but connected a aux wire and there is no bass and the sound quality isn't too good. Any thoughts?

Check your wiring, I build the looms for installs, so maybe if its bought, its got an issue, also check your jack cable.

Reactions: S333ROJ
https://www.kufatec.com/en/all-products/aux-in-jack-retrofit-kit-for-audi-38981

This is the retrofit kit for the double din unit comes with the socket that’s goes in the centre console
Which plug does this go in at the back of the stereo unit?

what’s the best solution for adding Bluetooth audio and hands free phone connectivity alongside AUX in... investment looked at the Connect2 kit, but would rather have the aux plug neatly plumbed in with a female port accessible in the cabin with no visible wires!

would the kufatec aux kit plug into the same place as the Connect2 (cd changer port?) or is it possible to have both?

thanks all! New to this forum, but just got a 2012 A3 and need to bring connectivity up to speed without shelling out for an aftermarket stereo :) hope you can help.

@NHN ... you look like you’ll know!

Which plug does this go in at the back of the stereo unit?

what’s the best solution for adding Bluetooth audio and hands free phone connectivity alongside AUX in... investment looked at the Connect2 kit, but would rather have the aux plug neatly plumbed in with a female port accessible in the cabin with no visible wires!

would the kufatec aux kit plug into the same place as the Connect2 (cd changer port?) or is it possible to have both?

thanks all! New to this forum, but just got a 2012 A3 and need to bring connectivity up to speed without shelling out for an aftermarket stereo :) hope you can help.

@NHN ... you look like you’ll know!
It’s a basic Chorus III, I believe (fyi)

The following is the cheapest way to add bluetooth for both music and calls.

Cd and aux are different pins on the radio. You can have both.
Mine had only aux from the factory.
So I added a Bluetooth for music and calls. It came with a white connector.
So on your radio, you should have a green and a blue connector. Check the photo. The cables of the blue connector are the aux cables. Yours might be empty.
What I did is I removed the green connector and connected the new white connector instead.
I also unpinned the cables for aux from the blue connector and added them to the white connector.
So now I have the original Aux and also Bluetooth (as a cd).

Attachments

• 37F647C5-CF0A-4DF2-A2A2-C9E346A26497.jpeg
    37F647C5-CF0A-4DF2-A2A2-C9E346A26497.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 514
  • 36439A0E-0D03-4872-BB5E-E5B74A6D81D4.jpeg
    36439A0E-0D03-4872-BB5E-E5B74A6D81D4.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 454
Reactions: y0su and samisnake
Edit:
What I did is I removed the green blue connector and connected the new white connector instead.

So on your radio, you should have a green and a blue connector. Check the photo. The cables of the blue connector are the aux cables. Yours might be empty.
What I did is I removed the green connector and connected the new white connector instead.
I also unpinned the cables for aux from the blue connector and added them to the white connector.
Hows the audio quality with that thing? Does it always stay powered on? I know some of these modules always stay on and tend to drain the battery.

The quality is great! No problem at all.
The volume level is a bit lower compared to the radio so I turn the volume up a bit when using it.
As for power, I believe that it shuts down. Because when I remove the key, the Bluetooth disconnects from the phone, and also no battery drain for almost two years.

Can you shoot me a link for the adapter? I was looking for something like that, apart from the mic, as i already have the factory telephone installed. :)

This is the one I bought.
It is with mic though.
Link
If you want to still use the original Bluetooth for calls, there are similar and cheaper modules that will only do music streaming. Search eBay.

Reactions: theViTALiTY
Reactions: theViTALiTY and George Kost
£11.68 23%OFF | Car Aux Music BT Adapter Replacement for AUDI A3 8P RS3 A4 B7 TT 8J Concert Chorus 2+ 3 BNS 5.0 RNS-E

I've bought that one before, same as George's but without the phone capability.
Does yours stay powered when you remove the key? I installed mine and i can still see it and pair with it even after locking the car. Im afraid if thats the case its gonna be heading out as i dont want it leeching the battery :(

Does yours stay powered when you remove the key? I installed mine and i can still see it and pair with it even after locking the car. Im afraid if thats the case its gonna be heading out as i dont want it leeching the battery :(
no idea. it wasnt for my car, but the car it went in, didnt drain the battery flat.

if its an issue, you could run an ignition live to it.

Do you by any chance got the schematic of your radio pinout and what was the pinout on the BT adapter? Im curios is it using the same pins and if so, how is urs disconnecting with key out.

Do you by any chance got the schematic of your radio pinout and what was the pinout on the BT adapter? Im curios is it using the same pins and if so, how is urs disconnecting with key out.
My phone disconnects when I remove the key.
Attach the head unit pinout, the connector of the bt module and the module itself.

Attachments

• 18E13E7D-D65E-47B8-AB22-D179B498578A.jpeg
    18E13E7D-D65E-47B8-AB22-D179B498578A.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 351
  • 4B6FC217-8F1C-4C2A-A515-2770B9E0AA41.jpeg
    4B6FC217-8F1C-4C2A-A515-2770B9E0AA41.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 216
  • 6117E5A5-69CE-44CF-B2C4-02B3AEC6BCA3.jpeg
    6117E5A5-69CE-44CF-B2C4-02B3AEC6BCA3.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 80A84BF8-E72E-4E23-962A-840AB26DE65A.jpeg
    80A84BF8-E72E-4E23-962A-840AB26DE65A.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 9C367A46-FEB5-40FE-963C-1C6759105195.jpeg
    9C367A46-FEB5-40FE-963C-1C6759105195.jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 232
I forgot to take a picture of my diagram, but the one i found online is the same one i have (i will check tmrw to make sure). Circled in green is the pins i removed and inserted the pins from the BT adapter.

Attachments

• IMG_20210622_201109.jpg
    IMG_20210622_201109.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 338
  • IMG_20210622_201115.jpg
    IMG_20210622_201115.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_20210622_201241.jpg
    IMG_20210622_201241.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20210622_201249.jpg
    IMG_20210622_201249.jpg