my experience with REVO tuning

betaone68

Reaction score
I want to let you know my experience with REVO tuning.
In January of this year I upload REVO stage 1. On my own car I had already mounted Forge intercooler and Miltek secondary decat. I was very pleased. The maximum power is increased by 10 hp, the maximum torque increased by 14 kgm.
STOCK VS REVO page 001

In March, relying on imminent stage 2, I put Milteck sport cat.
Official Stage 2 was not yet available, I upload stage 1+. Huge disappointment, Stage 1 + is a very old file and is less performing than Stage 1.
I can upload a REVO stage 2 beta for 100 octane gasoline. The maximum power is identical to stage 1, after 5,000 rpm the turbine has given the maximum and the gains of power are only gained in advance.
Stage 2 increases even more between the 2,500 and 4,500 rpm. The problem that as soon as the 65 kgm torque passes, the DSG gearbox limiter comes into action.

I found it useless to hold a stage 2 for me ineffective.
I replenish stage 1 by trying to keep the miltek sporting cat. Car goes very well, better than with stage 1+. Sadly, after 50 - 100 km, a warning lights up.
I tried to request REVO an updated stage 1+ but REVO rejected my request.
At this point I was forced to replenish the original catalyst.
I was somewhat disappointed with the REVO business policy.

Reactions: Evotion, jfull23 and EdmundVR4
Why don't you remap gearbox? You have several threads here explaining what to do with the light problem and its common when swapping front cat.

Why don't you remap gearbox? You have several threads here explaining what to do with the light problem and its common when swapping front cat.

Revo does not have the DSG remapping available. His German dealer TK Enginering has actually remapped DSG on the RS3 he prepared with Stage 2 but it's a tuning from them developed.
My opinion does not make sense to have so many motor torque from 2,500 to 4,500 rpm and then have only 48 kgm at 6,000 rpm. It seems useless to give the transmission so much.

I have given up Miltech sporting cat with Stage 1 because I did not find any emulator that would guarantee me working with 6 euro

Today I make dyno test. My RS3 has revo stage 2, revo carbon intake, miltek sporting cat, intercooler forge.
Stage 2 Stage 2 vs Stage 1.
REVO_STAGE_2_VS_STAGE_1-1.jpg

Stage 2 more torque up to 4,500 rpm, over 5,000 rpm is identical to Stage 1.
I suggest staying on stage 1 without venturing into complicated catalyst changes.

Reactions: EdmundVR4