rear numberplate lights

Lee.S

Reaction score
Ok both my rear numberplate lights are not working its failed on mot. Had both bulbs out of holder and they look fine tested continuity and its fine tested continuity on the holder and I got nothing so guessing its wiring somewhere but where is the ****** wiring under boot panel for washer etc.??

I would have thought it behind boot trim as you already mentioned.. BTW takes quite alot of force to remove that trim! Don't be shy haha

The contacts go bad on the light holders... the bulb holder spring contacts may just need a clean...

Other than that it could well be the wiring where it goes from the tailgate to the body at the top... not personally seen an 8L go there but seen it more than a few times on other cars...

Check there are no breaks in the wiring there

<tuffty/>

The contacts go bad on the light holders... the bulb holder spring contacts may just need a clean...

Other than that it could well be the wiring where it goes from the tailgate to the body at the top... not personally seen an 8L go there but seen it more than a few times on other cars...

Check there are no breaks in the wiring there

<tuffty/>

thanks again tuffty hope it is just bulb holder contacts ****** hate wiring lol

i had a problem with mine making a contact when i put Led ones in and what i did was where the bulb fits into the holes at the side off them i pushed down a little on the metal buts and that seems to have worked as i now get a contact and led works ok

i had a problem with mine making a contact when i put Led ones in and what i did was where the bulb fits into the holes at the side off them i pushed down a little on the metal buts and that seems to have worked as i now get a contact and led works ok

Its been sorted mate it was the wiring on the holders it had frayed its been done now thanks all for answers :)