Mindless vandalism :(

Tom Morgan

Reaction score
Well, I thought I'd post here as a way to make me feel better... came down to my S3 this morning to this... :(

Nice road, safe area - just some idiot with nothing better to do. Even crazier - didn't even steal anything!

Police been this morning, forensics have found some blood (ew) so hopefully they'll catch the ******.

img_4636-jpg.125172

Attachments

• IMG_4636.JPG
    IMG_4636.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 911
Reactions: AudiNutta, Joe4842 and Audi Bairn
Well, I thought I'd post here as a way to make me feel better... came down to my S3 this morning to this... :(

Nice road, safe area - just some idiot with nothing better to do. Even crazier - didn't even steal anything!

Police been this morning, forensics have found some blood (ew) so hopefully they'll catch the ******.

img_4636-jpg.125172
Had you left your golf clubs in there??

They may have been trying to get to them and been disturbed. Most thefts like this are done by opportunists, so I always make sure theres nothing on display so they dont have a reason to try.

Gutted about your window though. Hope its a quick fix.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Tom Morgan
Yep that's the likely reason and I accept 100% responsibility for that. I usually take them out - just this one time I forgot. Won't make that mistake again!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
On the bright side though, window gets replaced then it's all good again, if it had needed paint then it's never quite the same.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Bunch of bankers... as above though, at least it's just glass. Although, might take a while to find all the bits.

Reactions: AudiNutta and Audi Bairn
Not mindless, you left temptation..............
Keep your sticks somewhere else, cheap(ish) lesson learnt hopefully :)

Reactions: Tom Morgan
Gutted for ya mate.
Scumbag parasites who'd do this.
Hope they injured themselves badly doing it.

Reactions: ASRman and Mark_86
Let's hope that they cut a main artery and they find them down by the canal!

Reactions: ASRman and Tom.H
Being sorted under insurance and Met police were fantastic (only surprising as I would figure they had more important stuff to do but 10/10 for their response).

Now problem is with Autoglass - agreed to OEM (after I called insurance on their behalf) but quoting a week to source unless I drive to Portsmouth tomorrow - 140 mile round trip - where they mysteriously have one. Apparently they 'can't find any Audi glass in London' which sounds like rubbish to me! What do you reckon? I've gone back and said 'find some glass by the end of today!'

Reactions: Tom.H
Being sorted under insurance and Met police were fantastic (only surprising as I would figure they had more important stuff to do but 10/10 for their response).

Now problem is with Autoglass - agreed to OEM (after I called insurance on their behalf) but quoting a week to source unless I drive to Portsmouth tomorrow - 140 mile round trip - where they mysteriously have one. Apparently they 'can't find any Audi glass in London' which sounds like rubbish to me! What do you reckon? I've gone back and said 'find some glass by the end of today!'

It's possible. I understand the frustration, but personally I'd wait and let them get the glass as soon as they can.