• Bite their hand off!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • You can do better ;)

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

BrownChris1991

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Been looking at this forum for a long while (thanks everyone here I've managed to get a load of info on buying a new s3). First time creating a thread and posting..

Anyway - I'm after getting the best deal on an S3. I'm looking at £400/mo or as close to as possible for the below spec:

S3 Hatch - Manual
Ara Blue
Red Calipers
Privacy Glass
Tech Pack (new one, includes the Virtual Cockpit on 2018 spec)
Rear Parking Sensors (standard on 2018 spec)

Looking at around 5k/yr Miles and £1500 deposit.. Is this achievable? I've managed to get 1 quote at just over £410/mo from Crawley Audi (to be fair have been really helpful and responsive..). Should I bite their hand off?

I went to the Carwow dealership around where I live and they've offered over £460/mo which I really cant afford so I started looking at A3's instead! (Please dont let this happen)!

One more question.. As part of the quote is the first year tax included? Or do I have to pay this on top of the already quoted price?

Thanks again :).

Hi guys,

Been looking at this forum for a long while (thanks everyone here I've managed to get a load of info on buying a new s3). First time creating a thread and posting..

Anyway - I'm after getting the best deal on an S3. I'm looking at £400/mo or as close to as possible for the below spec:

S3 Hatch - Manual
Ara Blue
Red Calipers
Privacy Glass

Looking at around 5k/yr Miles and £1500 deposit.. Is this achievable? I've managed to get 1 quote at just over £410/mo from Crawley Audi (to be fair have been really helpful and responsive..). Should I bite their hand off?

I went to the Carwow dealership around where I live and they've offered over £460/mo which I really cant afford so I started looking at A3's instead! (Please dont let this happen)!

One more question.. As part of the quote is the first year tax included? Or do I have to pay this on top of the already quoted price?

Can you save a little more deposit?
Looking at your spec you should easily get below £400 pm. Is it 3 door or sportback?
The 3 door currently has a deposit contribution of £1900. The sportback only £600.
Ive been back and forth with various dealers for about 2 weeks: my best offer so far:

£4k deposit, 5k miles pa, £401 pm.
Sportback, S-Tronic, Black Ed, Ara blue, Advance Tech pack, Pan roof, SS seats, foldings mirrors and parking system plus.

So yes, I belive you can do better!!
Just play the game and be prepared to wait.

Hi guys,

S3 Hatch - Manual
Ara Blue
Red Calipers
Privacy Glass

Im currently negotiating on some deals, so will let you know how I get on. Ideally I want to trade in my S5 and get either a hatch or SB with a couple of options for the same monthly figure at £380pm. So mine would be equivalent to £1k deposit and £380pm.

Wouldn't be as many options as yours. Just rear sensors and metallic paint really. Oh and a S-tronic.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Thanks guys.. I've sent a few more inquiries off to other brokers to see if I can get anything better. Will update if I can get any more information/better deals.

Hi guys,

S3 Hatch - Manual
Ara Blue
Red Calipers
Privacy Glass

Im currently negotiating on some deals, so will let you know how I get on. Ideally I want to trade in my S5 and get either a hatch or SB with a couple of options for the same monthly figure at £380pm. So mine would be equivalent to £1k deposit and £380pm.

Wouldn't be as many options as yours. Just rear sensors and metallic paint really. Oh and a S-tronic.

Bearing in mind I ordered my car (Saloon) back in Sept last year and got it in Nov, my deal threw out a monthly of around £380 with a similar deposit and mileage to those quoted above.

You can do way better than you've been quoted so far! :yes:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and DrEskimo
Hi guys,

S3 Hatch - Manual
Ara Blue
Red Calipers
Privacy Glass

I put a £2000 deposit on my manual car and i pay £450 including gap.

I also had a £2750 deposit contribution, but I had a little bit of negative equity to scratch off my last car.

Would ultimately have liked a few more toys, but the car is amazing and i think its been worth every penny!

Bearing in mind I ordered my car (Saloon) back in Sept last year and got it in Nov, my deal threw out a monthly of around £380 with a similar deposit and mileage to those quoted above.

You can do way better than you've been quoted so far! :yes:

Very very interesting!

Might have to pick your brain about that if you don't mind...??

Welcome to the forums mate, use this at your own risk though!!!! Before you know it you will be spending more and more lol https://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk/car-quote/

The 3 door currently has a deposit contribution of £1900.

The sportback only £600.

Funny you mention that, I just noticed that the saloon is £600 deposit contribution, 3 door £1900 and sportback £600 as you say.

I'm certain that the 3 door was £2,300 deposit contribution a few weeks back. Not sure if they have also dropped the Saloon & Sportback though!?! Anyone ordered either before April who knows?

Welcome to the forums mate, use this at your own risk though!!!! Before you know it you will be spending more and more lol https://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk/car-quote/

Funny you mention that, I just noticed that the saloon is £600 deposit contribution, 3 door £1900 and sportback £600 as you say.

I'm certain that the 3 door was £2,300 deposit contribution a few weeks back. Not sure if they have also dropped the Saloon & Sportback though!?! Anyone ordered either before April who knows?

Yea was £800 for saloon and SB before.

Although the APR has dropped for the SB and is now a fair bit lower than the Hatch. Not sure if that's the same for the saloon.

Yea was £800 for saloon and SB before.

Although the APR has dropped for the SB and is now a fair bit lower than the Hatch. Not sure if that's the same for the saloon.
Swings and roundabouts then. I may just wait until the next 1/4 now, as I still haven't heard from the sales guy :blink:

Reactions: DrEskimo

Deposit Contribution on a 3 door was £2200 when I placed my order in March so it appears to have dropped slightly since.

Swings and roundabouts then. I may just wait until the next 1/4 now, as I still haven't heard from the sales guy :blink:

Neither of my contacts have got back to me either...!

Deposit Contribution on a 3 door was £2200 when I placed my order in March so it appears to have dropped slightly since.

Likewise it was £800 for the Sportback when I ordered and S32B says it's now £600.

Neither of my contacts have got back to me either...!
They are a waste of space mate...very annoying!

I came from BMW to Audi for this reason! I'd emails BMW sales twice asking when was the best time to come in and place my order....no reply to either email....so Audi got my business.

Reactions: DrEskimo and Audi Bairn

I came from BMW to Audi for this reason! I'd emails BMW sales twice asking when was the best time to come in and place my order....no reply to either email....so Audi got my business.

Bloke from Lincoln Audi who nearly sold me the ex-demo S3 was very good. Borderline pestering TBH!

So busy so doubt I can do anything soon anyway, so probably best. Nevermind ey....guess I'll have to drive my S5 for longer....!

Reactions: S32B
Do you think we will get much better deals towards the end of June then?
I hoping so!! Maybe even a little more contribution from Audi...that would be nice!!

Maybe even a little more contribution from Audi...that would be nice!!
The contribution advertised on site will (I imagine) stay the same until the next 1/4 at the start of July. July, August, September people are on holiday or have just come back, so you could think they will increase it then to try and tempt buyers!!!

The contribution advertised on site will (I imagine) stay the same until the next 1/4 at the start of July. July, August, September people are on holiday or have just come back, so you could think they will increase it then to try and tempt buyers!!!
I would have thought they would have a better contribution or offer on towards the end of June. They will want to sell as many as possible before the end of the quarter.

I would have thought they would have a better contribution or offer on towards the end of June. They will want to sell as many as possible before the end of the quarter.
You may well get more discount from the dealership, but Audi's contribution will probably be the same.

Reactions: Tom.H
You may well get more discount from the dealership, but Audi's contribution will probably be the same.
I thought the same, as it stands they've lowered the contribution, would be surprised if they then upped it.

Reactions: Djs3saloon

Right mate, had a meeting with dealer today.

Best I got offered was:

S3 Hatch Black Ed.
Navarra Blue
Folding Mirrors
Factory order for delivery in Sept

Equivalent of £413pm over 36m on 5k miles and £1000 deposit.
Discount is 16% including the current £1900 finance contribution.

Really dislike the black edition wheels, and B&O and privacy glass isn't enough to make me like them, so I am going to ask for a recalculation on just a standard S3.

The deal also doesn't include any equity in my S5, the balance is just cleared (think this is BS as I've done half the mileage, but there we are..!)

Right mate, had a meeting with dealer today.

Best I got offered was:

S3 Hatch Black Ed.
Navarra Blue
Folding Mirrors
Factory order for delivery in Sept

Equivalent of £413pm over 36m on 5k miles and £1000 deposit.
Discount is 16% including the current £1900 finance contribution.

Really dislike the black edition wheels, and B&O and privacy glass isn't enough to make me like them, so I am going to ask for a recalculation on just a standard S3.

The deal also doesn't include any equity in my S5, the balance is just cleared (think this is BS as I've done half the mileage, but there we are..!)

Yeah I know what you are saying about those alloys...love them or hate them!

Well, I called another dealer today and asked to speak to a guy that I spoke to a couple of weeks back (I'd already explained everything to him about what has happened etc and told him that I'd call back if I hadn't heard from the other guy!). The woman that answered the phone said "He's off this week training, can I get anyone else to help??". So I did a short version about me wanting to order a car bla bla bla. She said I'll get Matthew to call you back. I asked how long it would be before he called? Not long he's just finishing off with a customer.........almost 3 hours later and still no call :blink:

Totally fed up of people not doing what they say they will!

I even contacted BMW via carwow about a 4 series 2.0 M-Sport, which was about the same price as the A5 coupe, they are taking the pi**:

It came out at: £1000 deposit, 8k pa, 36 x £504.17, or if I took it over a longer term = 48 x £433.80
He then added "which one of those options would you rather go for?"

To which I replied "Unfortunately I'll not be taking you up on either offer, as I've had an offer on a Audi A5 coupe s-line which came in at around £100 per month less over a 36 month PCP with the same £1000 deposit."

I've even thought about saying sod it and downsizing to something just cheap fast and fun...https://www.arnoldclark.com/new-car...r-s-3dr-chili-pack/0/ref/blk_z8vpcfdor50pjv7j

Reactions: Jassyo06
Reactions: S32B and Audi Bairn

Well, I called another dealer today and asked to speak to a guy that I spoke to a couple of weeks back (I'd already explained everything to him about what has happened etc and told him that I'd call back if I hadn't heard from the other guy!). The woman that answered the phone said "He's off this week training, can I get anyone else to help??". So I did a short version about me wanting to order a car bla bla bla. She said I'll get Matthew to call you back. I asked how long it would be before he called? Not long he's just finishing off with a customer.........almost 3 hours later and still no call :blink:

I even contacted BMW via carwow about a 4 series 2.0 M-Sport, which was about the same price as the A5 coupe, they are taking the pi**:

It came out at: £1000 deposit, 8k pa, 36 x £504.17, or if I took it over a longer term = 48 x £433.80

To which I replied "Unfortunately I'll not be taking you up on either offer, as I've had an offer on a Audi A5 coupe s-line which came in at around £100 per month less over a 36 month PCP with the same £1000 deposit."

I've even thought about saying sod it and downsizing to something just cheap fast and fun...https://www.arnoldclark.com/new-car...r-s-3dr-chili-pack/0/ref/blk_z8vpcfdor50pjv7j

I know you shouldn't have to but maybe go in there and speak to them. No hiding then, I've always found it ridiculous to get a call back, mainly from the service dept, you get the only "they're just on the phone" as you say, 3hrs goes by and still no call…

Try Stratford-upon-Avon Audi. They've been brilliant with me so far. Instant call backs and always trying to accommodate me with my financing options and working out what's best for me. Although I'm buying used I'd imagine they'd be just as good with brand new.

Jct600 in York quoted me 599 pcm with a 3500 deposit on a 2nd hand tts. There all at it.

I'd always recommend Nigel at Swindon Audi, I've had 3 cars from him down, always open and honest, returns calls etc.

Offer update..

I've had a better offer which I received on Friday which I'm going to take.

£380.45/mo

Delivery in September

S3 Hatchback
Ara Blue
Red Brake Calipers
Privacy Glass
Technology pack advanced.

I'm also going to get the folding mirrors. Looking around did manage to bag a better deal in the end :). Cheers people!

Reactions: Bells, S32B, James.B8 and 2 others
I know you shouldn't have to but maybe go in there and speak to them. No hiding then, I've always found it ridiculous to get a call back, mainly from the service dept, you get the only "they're just on the phone" as you say, 3hrs goes by and still no call…
He called me today whilst in work, I mentioned about yesterday and he gave a reasonable excuse. I had a decent chat with him and he seemed keen, then said I'll take your email address and send you something so you have a point of contact. That was at 10.40 this morning, still no email!!! :whip: The other guy is back in next week so I'll call or as you say turn up and see him.

Reactions: Tom.H
Offer update..

I've had a better offer which I received on Friday which I'm going to take.

£380.45/mo

Delivery in September

S3 Hatchback
Ara Blue
Red Brake Calipers
Privacy Glass
Technology pack advanced.

I'm also going to get the folding mirrors. Looking around did manage to bag a better deal in the end :). Cheers people!
Seems a good deal for £1,500 down, who is that with?

Drive the Deal lads.. I've added the Hill Assist and Folding door mirrors to my quote to make it £394/monthly.

Reactions: Djs3saloon and tonydata
lol this will make you laugh. Last month I'd been offered just shy of £22k for my car, which I was happy with but that was the guy that didn't get back in touch. This month the guy who has been in constant contact has just offered me £19k for my car! Just did two quotes online and got offers of £19.5k from WBAC and Mike Brewer offered £22,240.

Even Audi's own website came back with:

You buy an Audi and look after it, take it back to Audi to buy another one and then they want to give you the lowest of the low for it!!!! :D

Reactions: Tom.H and Bells
lol this will make you laugh. Last month I'd been offered just shy of £22k for my car, which I was happy with but that was the guy that didn't get back in touch. This month the guy who has been in constant contact has just offered me £19k for my car! Just did two quotes online and got offers of £19.5k from WBAC and Mike Brewer offered £22,240.

Even Audi's own website came back with:

View attachment 126617

You buy an Audi and look after it, take it back to Audi to buy another one and then they want to give you the lowest of the low for it!!!! :D
I know it's not an S3 but when I traded in my A3 last week I was offered £12,000 but my local Audi dealer who said they couldn't offer any more (even though they had the same exact car for sale at £16,800 sitting on forecourt!).

Instead I took mine to Evans Halshaw who originally offered £13,400 online but went in to get a confirmed quote and they came back with £14,204 after viewing the car and checking the options, which I agreed to and traded it in later that week. Also agreed a £15 fee for faster payment and the money was in my account 2 hours after I dropped my car off. I know Evans Halshaw usually get a bad rap but couldn't fault them on this occasion so they might be worth a try if your local to a dealership :smug:

I know it's not an S3 but when I traded in my A3 last week I was offered £12,000 but my local Audi dealer who said they couldn't offer any more (even though they had the same exact car for sale at £16,800 sitting on forecourt!).

Instead I took mine to Evans Halshaw who originally offered £13,400 online but went in to get a confirmed quote and they came back with £14,204 after viewing the car and checking the options, which I agreed to and traded it in later that week. Also agreed a £15 fee for faster payment and the money was in my account 2 hours after I dropped my car off. I know Evans Halshaw usually get a bad rap but couldn't fault them on this occasion so they might be worth a try if your local to a dealership :smug:
Yeah Audi taking the P, I looked on their dealerships website and they had the same car as mine with more mileage for £26k.

Thanks for the tip, I just tried Evans Halshaw online and they came in at £21,035 :)

5k mileage a year! Should get well under £400. Could even get a PCH for that.

Yeah Audi taking the P, I looked on their dealerships website and they had the same car as mine with more mileage for £26k.

Thanks for the tip, I just tried Evans Halshaw online and they came in at £21,035 :)
A bit better than Audi at least, the guy I saw at Evans Halshaw said they always underestimate their online quotes to factor in any damage / poor condition etc so should only ever increase when you take it to the dealership. Strange thing is the dealership don't give you the valuation for your car they send the details off to a team at head office and they send a price back the whole process took me about 30 mins to get a figure through. That price they give you is then valid for 7 days :smug:

Reactions: S32B
I'm sure my brother said they valued his MK2 TT as poor condition even though it was immaculate!

Reactions: Jassyo06