A4 Avant Black Edition ordered

phope74

Reaction score
Hello all

Longtime lurker here

Wife and I currently have an A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Ultra S-Tronic in Daytona Grey for her car. It had just turned 3 years old last week and sailed through the MOT, but I'd been thinking about changing it for a while now, as she isn't doing the mileage anymore to justify a large diesel car, and with the A6 due to be updated, thought it better to shift it on sooner rather than later. I have been really unsure about what to look at and for a while, it was the latest VW Tiguan that looked likely to be the next car

For her commute, petrol now seems a better option, and now that the 1.4 is available with S-Tronic in the A4, it made it more appealing to her

I'd seen an offer from our local dealer, Dundee Audi for specials on the latest MY18 Black Edition models, and after a friendly chat or two to discuss the numbers and whether any S-Tronic models were available, we've placed an order today for September delivery. I thought the offers might be restricted to set specs, but available on factory orders also - kept it to a fairly restrained spec but added a heated steering wheel that she has on the A6

We've placed an order for this: www.uk.audi.com/AVHQP3TK , with build week 29 (late July) estimated so we're aiming to take delivery on 1st September. Having been long-time customers at Dundee Audi (this will be the 5th Audi from them, 10th Audi overall), managed to get a good deal on the trade in for the A6 as well which was a bonus, and have sorted out a dog guard and bumper protector as part of the deal.

The colour choice in the range isn't really that inspiring - wife doesn't like red, have had plenty of silver & greys in the past, so it was a decision in the end between white and black. Black was the choice, so will need to get my polishing stuff restocked for September...just as well I don't mind keeping cars clean :D
  • A4 Avant Black Edition
  • 1.4 TFSI with S-Tronic
  • Brilliant Black with leather/alcantara
  • Technology Pack
  • 19" wheels
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Hill hold assist
screenshot2017-05-13at18.47.43.png

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro, 5pot, BarryG79 and 3 others
Yeah, looking forward to it

I never really gelled with this A6, as good a car as it is. For much of the first year, I was unable to drive at all for medical reasons, and then in the first week back driving, some idiot drove right into the side of me in Edinburgh causing a £13k insurance claim - thankfully they were entirely at fault

Have been a bit disappointed with the A6 residuals as well so that was part of the reason looking to change sooner rather than later :)

Hi phope74
Newbie here! I'm going back to Audi after having a 420 MSPORT beemer.
I've just ordered the below, 1.4T too.
Couple of questions, I've not driven 1.4T or even seen the interior I've chosen in flesh. Think I've gone down right route.
They ok engine wise.
I went grey given all the car is black - and with no sunroof may light up interior a tad.
2 kids and nursery fees stopped me with any options! Really wanted sunroof!
  • A4 Avant Black Edition
  • 1.4 TFSI manual
  • Brilliant Black with leather/alcantara
  • Rotar Grey interior
  • 19" wheels
  • LED Lighting pack

Reactions: THQuattro
If you see any REAL life pics of them, can you share - as I haven't :)

Mine is due Sept too.

Reactions: phope74
Haven't seen any real life pictures yet - only seen this pic from www.audi.de of Quantum Grey with the optional black 18s - German spec seems to include red brake calipers

1920x1080_aa4_a_171001.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro
God that german audi pic looks ace...getting excited now I've seen that.
Might ask dealer about the red calipers :)

Hopefully going to order a black edition in the next couple of weeks. Shame the colour range is so limited as I fancied a silver one.

Here's a video I found for a Black Edition in a German showroom - shows the 19" wheels in good detail

Reactions: S9DGIE, Daggerit and BarryG79
There was a ibis white a4 avant with black optics when I went to order my red s4 that quickly became a ibis white s4 with black pack and red leather can't wait not long to go either

Could I ask what type of discount you got on your BE A4? I appreciate you get £3150 contribution, but what did the dealer give over and above this? Please PM if you wish.

I only ask as I'm currently speaking to my local about a BE A4 saloon at the minute and trying to gauge what deals can be had. Thanks.

Could I ask what type of discount you got on your BE A4? I appreciate you get £3150 contribution, but what did the dealer give over and above this? Please PM if you wish.

I only ask as I'm currently speaking to my local about a BE A4 saloon at the minute and trying to gauge what deals can be had. Thanks.

Will pm

I've been offered 19% off a 2.0 tfsi black edition avant at carwow that's includes the finance contribution

Reactions: SPIKE_
Car went into build this week, a week ahead of schedule - went from the panel shop stage yesterday morning to quality control stage this morning :)

img_0961.jpg

So what's your delivery date mate you must be one of the first in U.K. I reckon, as jardines the dealer said they hadn't even seen one in the flesh yet at their dealers. Saw some pics of this week in the quantum grey is it? Will upload.

We're going to have it registered for 1st September - dealer (Dundee Audi) think it will arrive with them by mid August at the latest

I've been offered 19% off a 2.0 tfsi black edition avant at carwow that's includes the finance contribution
Seems a great deal. Are you going to take the plunge?

Car is now in the UK, so have agreed with the dealer to take the car early - I'll have it by the month end, rather than wait till September

Also negotiated a genuine Audi metal dog guard into the deal as well :)

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Rocksteve69
Excellent news! Mine has gone from starting preparation on the 17th July to now in transit on a ship!

Reactions: Brandon Williams
Latest status.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-18-20-21-00.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-18-20-21-00.png
    784.2 KB · Views: 490
Great news. Look forward to seeing pictures. Keep us all posted on progress.

Got the following email, getting excited!

Attachments

• Audi_Ship.png
    Audi_Ship.png
    173 KB · Views: 568
Reactions: phope74 and AlnSaz
Just had a phone call from dealer - car has arrived in Dundee today - aim to get PDI'd and take delivery next week :)

Reactions: Rocksteve69 and Daggerit
Just had a phone call from dealer - car has arrived in Dundee today - aim to get PDI'd and take delivery next week :)

Soon as mines arrives I'm taking delivery. Hopefully Aug 10th.

Reactions: Rocksteve69
Might pop down later, get a sneak peek and drop off some documents for the plate transfer - I'm like a kid at Christmas

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Rocksteve69
Might pop down later, get a sneak peek and drop off some documents for the plate transfer - I'm like a kid at Christmas
I'd be the same. I've started looking at the Audi car transporters driving along the roads near the Port of Tyne looking to see if my car is on it :p