That moment when you find the source of any annoying creaking/rattle! :)

scoss

Reaction score
This has been going on for nearly 10 months. Annoying creaking sounds in my right ear when driving over rough roads and speed bumps. Cars been into Audi three times for them to locate the noise but they failed. Well this week I've found the culprit. I thought the noise was coming from the seat belt area. I was wrong, the noise was due to my leather bolster area of the seat (near the lumber controls) rubbing against the plastic section alongside it.

I've put some black felt tape down the side to act as a barrier.

Chuffed it's sorted.

Reactions: Pook, Audi Bairn, richinsoton and 9 others
I've been having a real bad buzzing sound and creaking coming from the right rear passenger seat area. Buzzing sound only happens at 1800RPM but the creaking happens at every bump in the road. I need to get back there to figure out where its coming from. Incredibly annoying.

I was getting the most annoying rattle which seemed to be coming from behind the steering column, was very close to booking it in to get it looked at , but then strangely after 1200 miles it just disappeared, part of the break in process maybe?!

I was getting the most annoying rattle which seemed to be coming from behind the steering column, was very close to booking it in to get it looked at , but then strangely after 1200 miles it just disappeared, part of the break in process maybe?!

I have an extremely loud rattle from behind the steering column when I drive on bumpy roads, recorded it the other day so that I can let the dealer here it. I've done around 9000 miles but it started about a month ago. Very annoying