My S4 Avant is home.

CrypticS3

Reaction score
Well yesterday was the day. Finally picked up my S4.

Up at 5am to catch a flight from Inverness to Gatwick. Why Gatwick I hear. Well the Heathrow Flight wasn't until 1pm and was £250. The gatwick one was 7am and £40. Quick bus transfer to Heathrow and then a taxi to Fontain Motors where the car was waiting.

5WBqM7Xh.jpg

6uRnRnXh.jpg

After a quick test drive we came back, did all the paperwork and then I started the long Drive back to Invergordon (590 ish miles). Made it back in good time, took around 9 1/2 hours including stops.

QbaSwkah.jpg

KD7rKg3h.jpg

And finally home with the rest of the family.

yJLUufCh.jpg

Car drove great, was extremely comfortable and it's a credit to it's former owner as it's immaculate throughout. Very happy with my purchase :smiley:

Reactions: sixpot, AdamB8, gary_a4_quattro and 14 others
Congrats buddy. You should change the name to 'CrypticS4' now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CrypticS3
Looks familiar!

Glad to hear that it lived up to expectations. Enjoy!

Reactions: CrypticS3 and Keef
Congrats mate thats a nice car to add to the collection. Who washes the cars, having four in black that would do my head in.

Reactions: CrypticS3 and V6_Man
Well yesterday was the day. Finally picked up my S4.

Up at 5am to catch a flight from Inverness to Gatwick. Why Gatwick I hear. Well the Heathrow Flight wasn't until 1pm and was £250. The gatwick one was 7am and £40. Quick bus transfer to Heathrow and then a taxi to Fontain Motors where the car was waiting.

5WBqM7Xh.jpg

6uRnRnXh.jpg

After a quick test drive we came back, did all the paperwork and then I started the long Drive back to Invergordon (590 ish miles). Made it back in good time, took around 9 1/2 hours including stops.

QbaSwkah.jpg

KD7rKg3h.jpg

And finally home with the rest of the family.

yJLUufCh.jpg

Car drove great, was extremely comfortable and it's a credit to it's former owner as it's immaculate throughout. Very happy with my purchase :smiley:
@CrypticS3 - Your new S4Avant looks great mate. Congrats !

Congrats and enjoy your new ride! Certainly nice to have a long drive in any new motor.

Congrats buddy. You should change the name to 'CrypticS4' now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might have to look into that. Not getting rid of the S3 just yet though :smirk:

Looks familiar!

Glad to hear that it lived up to expectations. Enjoy!

Thanks for keeping it in such good condition. Was some pile of service history I picked up there :grinning:

Congrats mate thats a nice car to add to the collection. Who washes the cars, having four in black that would do my head in.

I wash the cars, it's a never ending cycle :coldsweat:. The S4 is the odd one out.... It's Lava grey. Colour Sparkles like crazy in the Sun. Love it :hearteyes:

@CrypticS3 - Your new S4Avant looks great mate. Congrats !

Cheers. Can't take all the credit. @longp2 was the last owner from new and it's been kept in amazing condition.

Congrats and enjoy your new ride! Certainly nice to have a long drive in any new motor.

It was nice to have a long drive to get familiar with it. Not one I'd like to do every day mind. Though there is a lot to be said about those Supersport seats. Arrived home after all those miles still feeling fresh with the exception of being a little jaded. No cramps or stiffness. Also believe that the Active Suspension had a hand in it. Comfort mode was brilliant for wafting along the motorway and the car really does change character when you start messing with the different modes. Was left in Comfort pretty much all the way home until I hit familiar roads and gave the car a work out in Dynamic. Need to have a good play around and get the Individual set up but need a bit more driving time to really get to grips with the car and all the different settings. Eco mode probably does what it says on the tin but felt the response time to be a little slow and cumbersome for my taste but that is what it's supposed to do. Still returned a calculated 31mpg over the course of a full tank with me playing around with it so I think there is quite a bit more to come from it if you really tried to max the range.

So for anyone who doesn't know the full spec

MMI SatNav +
AMI
B&O Sound System with DAB
Jukebox
Park System +
Bluetooth Connectivity
Dimming/Folding/Heated Wing Mirrors
Auto Dim Rear View
Storage Pack
Black Pack
19" Rotor Design Wheels
Factory Tinted Rear Windows
Heated/Electric Super Sport Seats
Black/Magma Red interior
Quattro Sport Diff
Damping Control
Drive Select

I think that's everything. Regardless, it's a very well specced car.

Reactions: jdp1962 and V6_Man
Looks like you've really got yourself a good one there! What a drive home to get to grips as well. Mine came from London as well but thankfully only 300 miles for me

Well my only gripe so far with the car is that you have to press the button on the console to activate the front parking sensors. Had a play in the menu's and couldn't find a way to set them to come on automatically. Now this isn't an issue for me personally as now I know I'll activate them as and when they may be required but I'm more concerned for the other half (well my concern is for the car :culpability:) and her "forgetting" to have to switch it on, that leading to the conversation containing "I didn't mean to do it :shrug:" which is her go to response when she gets careless with whatever she's doing. I love her dearly but sometimes she really does my head in :expressionless:.

Anyway, Best go. Got 2 cars to wash now as they're both manky

70Lo8cOh.jpg

Cheeky Scooby pic :sly:
UOIqlIPh.jpg

Reactions: Carlos85 and V6_Man