Dogbone mount urgent help

ash_ s3

Reaction score
The bolt going into the transmission has sheared off , the mount is a Ecs updated dogbone
Brought new bolts went to go fit it but the holes won't line up even when raising the gearbox it's like the engine cannot go back any further just goes up
It made a pretty loud bang when the bolt went it seems like the downpipe is now fouling the bulkhead and stopping the adjustment to fit the bolt

Attachments

• IMG_4924.JPG
    IMG_4924.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 150
Loosen the 2 screws going into the subframe, and use a long pole something to "push" the engine backwards to get the trans bolt in.

Its good to be 2 people when doing it.

2c14011e46426162e36e8533a0bd8079.jpg

Reactions: fanta
Tried that solberg used a big bar to try and lever it back it won't go near the hole (line up) it's like the downpipe is stopping it move

Unmount the downpipe from the turbo then maybe?

Don't unbolt the downpioe from the turbo unless you just want to make more work for yourself... unbolt further back

We removed the downpipe to cat pipe but nothing would move it's like the downpipe has maybe bent not allowing the engine to move it's a very strange one . No I wouldn't remove the downpipe either there horrible to do as it is

This problem made me remember something like this happening to someone on here. One of the dog bone bolts sheared And his downpipe cracked.

So you can only assume when something like this happens it puts alot strain on the exhaust due to excessive forward and back movement of the engine..

Is it possible your downpipe is twisted out of shaped and fouling on trains tunnel/prop shaft Thus not allowing the engine to rest in its usual position?

I would be tempted to unbolt DP from turbo then bolt dog bone up and try attach dp back on but your dp could be so out of shape it won't go on or will but foul bad..

Reactions: Solberg
This happened to me, the engine mount on the passenger side was shot to bits. Look under the airbox I had to jack the engine up because it had tilted backward.