Dension Ice Link

tonyt102

Reaction score
Is it just be being an idiot or is controling the iPod via the head unit a bit of a pain???

Got it all wired up no problem and the iPod interactive mode works fine.

I have a Concert 2 in a B6 S4 and I'm quite new to this iPod lark too. I seems you have to create a playlist of 5 albums. The Dension manuals are poor too, probably because their trying to cover many different HUs.

Any help would be much appriciated.

You can only navigate 5 albums using the HU, how would you navigate more given the functionality of the HU? You only have 1-6 buttons.
Basically you have to use the iPOD itself for more functionality

Cheers Andy.

I've actually spent most of the day sussing it out. It doesn't help as I'm new the iPod thing too.

It seems that I have to add albums to playlists so, if you've got a few albums on one playlist, it's quite hard to navigate. It wouldn't be as bad if my headunits' display, displayed the track/album name.

I had a Phat Box in my last S3 and that was great....I think I may look into getting rid of the Dension in favour of the Phat. I'll have to see how I get on with it now I know how it works.

Antony

tonyt102 said:
I've actually spent most of the day sussing it out. It doesn't help as I'm new the iPod thing too.

it sure doesnt!

Spend the day sorting out your favourite tracks in itunes on your pc into playlists called cd1, cd2, cd3...cd5. Then when you plug the ipod back into the car, navigate to cd1, then turn on shuffle. Thats the best method i've found so far.

Yeh, I've done that and it works ok.

I think I just had a different impression of what it would do. I thought you could just flick through the albums on the iPod. Nevermind, it's in now.

you can still control the playback via the ipod though, just set it to cd6. You can then access the ipod as normal and skip about as much as you like.

madvw said:
you can still control the playback via the ipod though, just set it to cd6. You can then access the ipod as normal and skip about as much as you like.

I just let out a huge aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh - that's brilliant!! ALways frustrated me that I couldnt control the iPod. My mrs didnt quite get as excited as I did. Glad I read this thread now :D

do you have an ice>link plus?