Audi s3 8p 2012 (stage 2)

matthew rowe

Reaction score
hi looking at remapping my s3 what upgrades would i need for stage 2, and also if car was standard whats best exhaust system for pops and bangs

Following... But WOTBox will make anything snap, crackle, bang, pop etc etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hi looking at remapping my s3 what upgrades would i need for stage 2, and also if car was standard whats best exhaust system for pops and bangs

The bare minimum requirements for stage 2 are an intake, downpipe and remap.

I'd recommend getting the Revo CAI (powder coat or camcoat, the latter is a thermal coating) as it looks the part and has been proven to provide the best air flow.

Regarding the exhaust and your requirements with pops & bangs, then hands down the best system out there is the BCS Powervalve WRC turbo-back exhaust with de-cat downpipe. There is nothing on the market for the S3 8P which even comes close to this bit of kit so don't waste your money going elsewhere, contact @BCS Nige for more info.

For the remap then custom mapping is the way to go, Unicorn or R-Tech are the pro's here. If they're too far then you can go generic mapping, APR's software is superior to Revo's nowadays so find an APR dealer.

That's performance based modifications covered, however you should also look at improving the handling side of things, especially if going to stage 2+ (high pressure fuel pump, if manual then new clutch and flywheel too). Upgrade the suspension with a decent set of coilovers (or at least B8 dampers), anti-roll bars, anti-lift kit and a big brake kit (or at least uprated pads such as Mintex M1144/1155). Doing this means you'll get to utilise more of the increased power.

Reactions: samuelh_888
The bare minimum requirements for stage 2 are an intake, downpipe and remap.

I'd recommend getting the Revo CAI (powder coat or camcoat, the latter is a thermal coating) as it looks the part and has been proven to provide the best air flow.

Regarding the exhaust and your requirements with pops & bangs, then hands down the best system out there is the BCS Powervalve WRC turbo-back exhaust with de-cat downpipe. There is nothing on the market for the S3 8P which even comes close to this bit of kit so don't waste your money going elsewhere, contact @BCS Nige for more info.

For the remap then custom mapping is the way to go, Unicorn or R-Tech are the pro's here. If they're too far then you can go generic mapping, APR's software is superior to Revo's nowadays so find an APR dealer.

That's performance based modifications covered, however you should also look at improving the handling side of things, especially if going to stage 2+ (high pressure fuel pump, if manual then new clutch and flywheel too). Upgrade the suspension with a decent set of coilovers (or at least B8 dampers), anti-roll bars, anti-lift kit and a big brake kit (or at least uprated pads such as Mintex M1144/1155). Doing this means you'll get to utilise more of the increased power.
Okay thanks

Definitely BCS for exhausts.

Nige and his guys built a superb 90 mm custom system for me during the last round of mods.

Quite quiet off boost and totally different under full load.

WOT boxes are something I'd avoid unless carefully set up and certainly on a manual car.
The DSG on mine obviously does do full throttle shifts now but it was never something I felt worth the potential problems on a manual.

Oh yeah, a badly set up WOTbox will pop and bang your exhaust manifold, your turbos turbine your lambdas, wastegate flap etc etc etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: S.