Removal of dashboard shine

alpesh26

Reaction score
I foolishly let Audi clean the interior of my car whilst it was in for warranty work, and they have used dashboard shine on literally EVERYTHING (including my rubber floor mats).

They've even sprayed it on the leather seats - which I had cleaned and conditioned only 3 weeks ago.

How can I get the dashboard shine off the leather and off the hard surfaces? Everything I touch in the car is greasy because they've sprayed loads of it. Who even sprays dashboard shine on leather?!

I can provide pics if needed.

@alpesh26 - TBH if I were you I would go back to the dealer & ask them to remove the guns they've put all over your car
Barring that, I would get a packet of baby wipes & go over all the surfaces they've covered
If you feel thats bit harsh, I would mix some APC down, to around 30:1 & use clean MF's to get rid of it

Reactions: alpesh26
I've mentioned it to them but frankly I don't trust them with it (long, long story). The car seems to back with a new issue/damage every time it goes in. If you want a job doing properly...

Cheers for the suggestions, I'll give the baby wipes a go. I want to get the Matt black finish on the leather

APC for the dash applied sparingly and Gliptone leather car for the seats.

Bit of elbow grease and patience should bring this back.

Thanks. I have some gliptone cleaner and conditioner already.

A daft question for the APC, can I use the stuff you get in supermarkets (Flash etc.)?

Audi have agreed to pay for proper cleaning of the interior so its booked it in at Miglior Detailing. Cheers for the answers, it will help if anything like this happens again

Reactions: scotty76, Bristle Hound and daytonamart
Audi have agreed to pay for proper cleaning of the interior so its booked it in at Miglior Detailing. Cheers for the answers, it will help if anything like this happens again
@alpesh26 - Great news buddy
Your dealership may not do this again after having to pay for this me thinks

@scotty76

If only I had seen this before it went in!!

@Bristle Hound
Your dealership may not do this again after having to pay for this me thinks

Very true, Miglior aren't the cheapest either! It wont be going back to the dealer in question at all! Horrible experience with them. To be fair they are putting it right but its hassle I don't need and could have been avoided if they had just prepped the car properly before collection.

Reactions: Bristle Hound