Audi S3 Settings not saving?

Carl_S3

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Every now and then when i connect my phone to my car the treble and bass go back to the standard settings.

Usually when the car has been stationary for 7-10 hours or more

Does anyone else find this?

Carl

Reactions: Carl_S3
Bit like my indicators - first they're on then they're off, then they're on ...... oh the old ones are the best

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn and SILVAF0XX
Yeah multiple threads which ideally need to be merged to keep all info on point.

Any admins knocking about??

Thanks Richard, although the two posts are similar, one is for issues with the Audi Sound system, the other with the B&O.

@Carl_S3 do you have the B&O?

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
Are you using the same key to start the car?

Thanks Richard, although the two posts are similar, one is for issues with the Audi Sound system, the other with the B&O.

@Carl_S3 do you have the B&O?

yes mate i have B&O i dont think i can find the subwoofer adjuster though which is strange?

Thought this was now standard on all facelift S3?

Yeah it should be but for some reason it wasn't included in the earlier versions. 0875 version fixes it but proving hard to get the update.

There's many things on the S3 which don't impress me like the one you're describing.

Steering Wheel Shortcut button works intermittently
iPod via MMI doesn't resume where I left off most of the time, but sometimes does.
Phone connect via Bluetooth automatically some times but not other.

Just shoddy to be honest and all things I've never had an issue with on previous Audis.

Reactions: DrMal and Carl_S3
I hate to be smug but I never had any of these issues with my PFL A3. This is really poor when they had the experience of the first 8v and seem to have messed up the so-called upgrade version. Who does the final tests on these cars for goodness sake? Does anybody sign them off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's many things on the S3 which don't impress me like the one you're describing.

Steering Wheel Shortcut button works intermittently
iPod via MMI doesn't resume where I left off most of the time, but sometimes does.
Phone connect via Bluetooth automatically some times but not other.

Just shoddy to be honest and all things I've never had an issue with on previous Audis.
I seem to have a steering wheel shortcut button which has a bad memory...set it to change drive select last night and now it does nothing

Reactions: DrMal and Audi Bairn
I seem to have a steering wheel shortcut button which has a bad memory...set it to change drive select last night and now it does nothing

It's a complete pain Matt.
I have to reset mine 3 or 4 times a week.
Combined with the other issues, I start to lose confidence in the technology and quality of the car.
Shame, as it's great otherwise.
Because all of these are intermittent, I guarantee they'll all be working perfectly when it next goes into the dealers.

Reactions: MattSedg
Yeah it should be but for some reason it wasn't included in the earlier versions. 0875 version fixes it but proving hard to get the update.
So does this software update add separate sub adjustment to the B&O, stop it losing bass, treble and surround settings, hold the Sat nav volume settings etc. etc.
I've also got a new one recently, headlights sometimes don't stay on about 1 in 4 times when locking the car in the dark. Anyone else had this?

Is there anyway to update the software or am i barking up the wrong tree lol?
Its not to much of a pain, its just sometimes you have to re-adjust on bluetooth every now and then :whistle2:

HI Carl - picked my S3 up Saturday - Salesman seemed to know nothing about the MMI/Sim Card/Google Maps etc (not been on the course yet .....) Which TBH is a bit crap - I know in my job I have to find things out - especially if my client are going to be asking me about them. And typically then go on the course 6 months afterwards ..... :)

Got to have a play yesterday afternoon with the MMI/Settings - just sat in the car on the drive. When loading the FAQ's/Manual from the CD - it said their was a MMI update - so installed that. Will dig out what version I'm now running and post up for reference.

Issue I have is even though through the MMI/Car/Central Locking settings I've set Fold Wing Mirrors (and yes I have them as an option) they are not folding when I lock the car, neither is the long hold on the keyfob unlock /lock - opening/closing all the windows (again tick box selected in the MMI)

So definitely some quirks.

As it is - has to go back to dealers to correct 2 scratches I found when doing the handover. So will ask them to check out the above at the same time.

Reactions: Carl_S3
Issue I have is even though through the MMI/Car/Central Locking settings I've set Fold Wing Mirrors (and yes I have them as an option) they are not folding when I lock the car, neither is the long hold on the keyfob unlock /lock - opening/closing all the windows (again tick box selected in the MMI)

Definitely get them to check that out because there should be no issues with them bits.

HI Carl - picked my S3 up Saturday - Salesman seemed to know nothing about the MMI/Sim Card/Google Maps etc (not been on the course yet .....) Which TBH is a bit **** - I know in my job I have to find things out - especially if my client are going to be asking me about them. And typically then go on the course 6 months afterwards ..... :)

Got to have a play yesterday afternoon with the MMI/Settings - just sat in the car on the drive. When loading the FAQ's/Manual from the CD - it said their was a MMI update - so installed that. Will dig out what version I'm now running and post up for reference.

So definitely some quirks.

As it is - has to go back to dealers to correct 2 scratches I found when doing the handover. So will ask them to check out the above at the same time.

Thanks for that, i will go out and check the MMI, does it do this update automatically or does this need to be downloaded?

I didn't know about that update. I'll try it too later. When I put that CD in it told me to install the handbook to the hard drive, you sure it's not that?

So does this software update add separate sub adjustment to the B&O, stop it losing bass, treble and surround settings, hold the Sat nav volume settings etc. etc.
I've also got a new one recently, headlights sometimes don't stay on about 1 in 4 times when locking the car in the dark. Anyone else had this?

The only thing I know for sure is that it brings the separate subwoofer control to the sound settings but hopefully it fixes the sound settings resetting too. It was there in PFL cars and on the 0875 FL versions cars, for some reason left out of the early FL cars

I don't think that MMI updates are user-installable so I also think it must be the Handbook. I think everyone would like Audi to provide files to update the MMI

Pretty sure it was both the online manual install, and then said MMI you have XYZ version, version ABC available. But could be wrong ....

I resolved my none folding wing mirrors - it's control button has to be in the locked/central position - windows now fold upon central locking

And I'm sure you've worked out how to set the "dipping" position for the nearside mirror to dip automatically when you put the car in reverse so you get a better view of the kerb? If not, put the car in reverse, adjust the passenger side mirror to dip where you want it. Then take it out of reverse. The mirror should now return to the "normal" position as soon as you drive forwards at about 10mph. Putting it into reverse should now dip the mirror into the position you put it in. I think I've got that right :confused new:

I resolved my none folding wing mirrors - it's control button has to be in the locked/central position - windows now fold upon central locking

My mirror control button is always on the passenger side mirror so it dips when I select reverse, they always fold in when I lock the car.

Pretty sure it was both the online manual install, and then said MMI you have XYZ version, version ABC available. But could be wrong ....

Online manual install? How do you do that? I only tried the CD that came with the handbook etc.

Infernos - apologies meant " online " as in installing from the CD into the car itself - as available online in the car.

Glospete/Tom.H - had another play this evening - and as you say, set the dipping reverse wing mirror position, leave the mirror select dial/button on the passenger selection - and now have the dipping/folding mirrors working as I'd expect.

Thank you all for the pointers.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, glospete and Tom.H
Excuse my ignorance, but how do I check the MMI software version ? I have a March 2017 FL S3 Black Edition with B&O and has a bass box in the boot. I have gone through all the menu options and I do not have a subwoofer option in the sound settings. I have looked at the software versions in the systems maintenance section and I have the following (see screen shots):-
Software version: 0170
Navigation database version: ends in 2017
Media driver; CLU6_MCM_AU_ER_G21_047... (I assume the code is longer, but I couldn't see how to display any more).
Telephone driver: 10.525.741.

The thread above keeps referencing software version 0875. Does this refer to the same software that mine is showing version 0170 ? If so, then does mine need updating ? If this is the case, then the car was in to my local Audi dealer at the beginning of July and I specifically requested they check if there were any updates available, but they came back and said there were no updates available.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• SW_1.jpg
    SW_1.jpg
    829.1 KB · Views: 74
  • SW_2.jpg
    SW_2.jpg
    858.2 KB · Views: 93