S3 8p VS A3 8v

kwiatu

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I'm before decision which one to buy.
Prices for S3 8p (2010-2011) are around price of A3 8v 2.0 TFSI 220HP Quattro (2015)

Mostly im looking for car with some of kind of sport experience..

Main plan would be to hit around 350-380HP, and the most point is that S3 probably will have much more miles done (70000 miles - 120000kms), A3 will be deff fresher one, can buy one wity (6000 miles - 10000kms).

So im thinking about buying A3 with S3 body kit (bumpers, side skirts), make exhaust, intake, brakes and it still will be just little more money than S3...

Guys, please tell me what would you do - there is no way to buy S3 8v which would be the best i think!

If you can get your hands on a A3 8V quattro then go for it

350bhp through the front wheels is terrible - I had 320bhp in my Scirocco R and never felt confident

But then again, totally different cars when you are trying to compare the S3 to an A3

I would chose a S3 everytime

My stage 2+ S3 8P ran 372bhp daily for 3 years no problem - loved that car

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
If you can get your hands on a A3 8V quattro then go for it

350bhp through the front wheels is terrible - I had 320bhp in my Scirocco R and never felt confident

But then again, totally different cars when you are trying to compare the S3 to an A3

I would chose a S3 everytime

My stage 2+ S3 8P ran 372bhp daily for 3 years no problem - loved that car
The point is, buy fresher car with low milage and change some things and make some upgrades, or buy older car with some kind high milage, and mod it, im pretty scared that s3 after modding may require another gearbox cause someone will dont care about oil changes or something...